• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

On 12/22/2020 at 11:44 PM, G.A.tor said:

Since most of these will be gone in 2021 thought I’d capture the moment for good memories 

6B708343-EC54-42E5-97F0-A404B02895DF.png

I may have got here too late but would it be possible for you to post individual shots of those books with different grades? It would be instructive for people to actually see in one place what different grades look like.

20 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Now you need 13,14,15

Actually, I have all three of these in CGC slabs. Sometime this year, I will be sending in my #12 and my #19, with the hope that it can get a grade around 5.0 - 6.0.

I believe that I will have to buy upgrade copies of #16, #17, and #18, as they are low-grade copies.

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

@Math Teacher you have one of the best silver collections I've ever seen

@Wolverinex, thank you for the kind compliment. I really don't think my collection holds a candle to some of the other collections here on the board. When I hear that someone has Fantastic Four #1 - #72 in CGC 9.0 or higher, I realize how my collection pales to something like that.

I have been collecting since the mid-1970s, and the majority of the books in my collection are books that I bought off the rack, along with back issues I have purchased. I have purchased many books (mostly slabs) since I got back into collecting heavily in 2019. I have more disposable income now, as I usually earn $2,000+ each month from subbing, and I earn $1,000+ during the summer months helping the IT department at the school where I taught for 34 years.

Edited by Math Teacher