• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

group shot thread
13 13

1,838 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

had to share this- i moved recently and in the process, moved these from a few bank boxes to another in my new hood. these had never all been in one room together before. it's not my whole collection, but it's the stuff i consider valuable enough to keep in a bank box. 

079B7DB5-C030-4E0B-A154-C8853751FE6D.jpeg

If I had all these issues in these grades, I would hire an armed guard to protect them. VERY impressive!

12 minutes ago, southern cross said:

Here is a group shot of some of my drek that I'm finally bagging and boarding. Trouble is I have a tendency to read them again as I do this.

Screenshot_20201101-164524.png

Sounds like fun!

On 10/31/2020 at 6:54 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

had to share this- i moved recently and in the process, moved these from a few bank boxes to another in my new hood. these had never all been in one room together before. it's not my whole collection, but it's the stuff i consider valuable enough to keep in a bank box. 

Very impressive set of keys!! 

8 hours ago, southern cross said:

Here is a group shot of my TTA pedigrees that I've been slowly collecting over the last 13 years.

I wanted to try to get a good sample of pedigrees.

Big Apple, Boston, Don/Maggie, Mile High 2( though not recognized as a ped now I just have one book) Northland, Oakland, Pacific Coast, Rocky Mountain, Savannah, Susha News,  Twin Cities, Western Penn, Winnipeg and White Mountain.

Screenshot_20201030-102750.png

Very cool. 

I don't own a single pedigree. Just never found the right book at the right time. 

On 10/31/2020 at 6:54 PM, www.alexgross.com said:

Holy crabs.  Kudos!  And I must be drunk cuz I see doubles of THESE keys.  That can't be...fair!  :)

Edited by Pantodude

58 minutes ago, Drummy said:

Great collection there, congrats!  I guess an ASM #1 will suit the bill for Spidey? :banana:

Years and years ago a friend of mine was selling his AF #15 graded universal 4.5 for $5000.  I was newly married and had just bought a house, so yeah...  Then it seemed right after that they exploded in price and I went “Holy (bleep). I had better buy an ASM #1 as quickly as possible.”

On 11/2/2020 at 10:55 AM, southern cross said:

Here is a group shot of my TTA pedigrees that I've been slowly collecting over the last 13 years.

I wanted to try to get a good sample of pedigrees.

Big Apple, Boston, Don/Maggie, Mile High 2( though not recognized as a ped now I just have one book) Northland, Oakland, Pacific Coast, Rocky Mountain, Savannah, Susha News,  Twin Cities, Western Penn, Winnipeg and White Mountain.

Screenshot_20201030-102750.png

If you don't mind me asking, how do get a photo like this? Do you stand on a ladder or chair? I want to take a picture of my Avengers #1 -#16 run.

18 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

AF #15 has always been out of reach for me.  I haven’t got the patience to save up that much money.

F68A12D1-60C1-471D-BC60-085B7E6B4776.jpeg

Your cat wears glasses?

1 hour ago, Math Teacher said:

Here is a picture of my Avengers #1 - #16 run, which I completed in late November. I know the picture could be improved, but I'm not a professional photographer, nor do I play one on TV. All issues are 6.0 or above, except for #1 and #4. Maybe someday I will upgrade those books, but certainly not anytime soon.

Avengers1-16.thumb.jpg.473ed895a0653d64579e98b5362d034e.jpg

Sweet.  Being a math teacher myself, I also appreciate that it’s 4 by 4.  I’m not sure, but I think I might have financed some of those for you.  Do you sell CGC 9.8’s on eBay of Swamp Thing 1980’s and Alan Moore comics?  I’ve bought a bunch from someone who uses Math tests as packing.