• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leash any from Pedigree?

65 posts in this topic

Yeah, reserves are a big turn off to potential bidders so many books probably don't even get bid on that would otherwise would have sold for the reserve price in a no reserve auction. I know there are some sellers on ebay I won't even bother to bid on for that reason...

My sentiment exactly. If I see there is a reserve I don't even bother to bid. Why frustrate yourself chasing something that will probably be overvalued. It seems like the current Pedigree auction has less reserves than previously. Probably just a reflection of the marketplace.

:whee:FINALLY! :whee:

Not a big deal or big book in many peoples' eyes....but it is a coveted grail to me, one which I have waited patiently to see its beautiful 9.4 ow/w pages & orange cover surface!

:banana::banana: It is mine, all mine! :banana::banana:

jq1ga8.jpg

Excellent pickup. I love the esoteric stuff. The Orange cover is definitely cool.

Not a big deal or big book in many peoples' eyes....but it is a coveted grail to me, one which I have waited patiently to see its beautiful 9.4 ow/w pages & orange cover surface!

jq1ga8.jpg

Excellent pickup. I love the esoteric stuff. The Orange cover is definitely cool.

looks red to me. (shrug)

jq1ga8.jpg

Mega-props.

Jonny Quest is/was the shizzle.

Great pick-up! (thumbs u

the DD 168 CGC 9.6 went for only $150 & the DD 158 CGC 9.8 for $380, maybe i should be watching these auctions next time. hm

I was looking at this but the miswrap... :sick: As for the price of that DD 158 CGC 9.8... :o

According to GPA that is an all-time low.

jq1ga8.jpg

Congrats Eric. I know you've been looking for one for a while!

link to pacific coast batmans:

linkster

is it just me or did the bats 227 CGC 9.6 cr/ow go for cheap? hm

15x guide for a bronze book w/ cr/ow pages?? the seller should be thrilled

Plus the not so pretty date stamp.

I tried to win the ASM 408 variant but the reserve was higher than the last two ebay sales.

Why bother putting it in an auction if you are going to price it so high no one will buy it?

A question that applies to most of the daily 'new listings' on ComicLink, as well. :(

What is it that you tell yourself that helps you sleep at night? (shrug)

"I need that book for my collection."

And do you think that's good enough? hm

Good enough to support a disbarred lawyer?

Good enough to support a man who has attempted to pull the wool over CGC and his potential customer's eyes?

Good enough to support a man who has admitted to falsifying sales records to manipulate the market?

hm

Nah. Give it another go, Jim. :P

Could somebody explain to me how they justify to their conscience keeping this man in business? What is it that you tell yourself that helps you sleep at night? (shrug)

I assume you're not posting a direct response to me, Nick. We agree fully on the DS issue. I was only commenting on the presence of endless pie-in-the-sky pricing in the market.

Could somebody explain to me how they justify to their conscience keeping this man in business? What is it that you tell yourself that helps you sleep at night? (shrug)

I assume you're not posting a direct response to me, Nick. We agree fully on the DS issue. I was only commenting on the presence of endless pie-in-the-sky pricing in the market.

Nah. Yours just happened to be the post I clicked on to respond. (thumbs u

Nah. Yours just happened to be the post I clicked on to respond. (thumbs u

Thought so.

Good to see you've got your operation up and running. (thumbs u