• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW. THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE BOOK NOW HAS SINCE REMOVED THE PICTURE FROM HIS SIGNATURE. SORRY TO YELL! lol

I assume the seller told him to do so......Very shady if you ask me!!!

Come on board detectives. I'm sure someone here can figure out who it was???

JUST TO LET EVERYONE KNOW. THE PERSON WHO OWNS THE BOOK NOW HAS SINCE REMOVED THE PICTURE FROM HIS SIGNATURE. SORRY TO YELL! lol

I assume the seller told him to do so......Very shady if you ask me!!!

sounds like someone knows they're wrong......

Bat-Man had a Tec 37 in his sig earlier this week...

He had it 30 minutes ago, now it's gone. I know that book, before people go jumping to conclusions on who the seller was....that book traded hands between board members.

did'nt he have 2 copies in his sig..?

I haven't read the whole thread...just responding to Dan's initial post....

Yeah, it sucks. But I'd just tell your boy to move on. Pre-Robin Tec's are tough to come by, but they are out there. It's not a 'Tec 27 (or 31), so the pain isn't quite as great. Yes, it does suck. But, not the end of the world.

One of the great things about the hobby is that another one will come up. There are multiple copies of virtually every book out there. A great man once said "Patience is a virue" ( :grin:). That holds true with this hobby. A majority books are out there; and they'll become available at some point

What your boy is looking for is more rare than the standard fare, but they are out there.

He had it 30 minutes ago, now it's gone. I know that book, before people go jumping to conclusions on who the seller was....that book traded hands between board members.

He said the seller was a board member.

did'nt he have 2 copies in his sig..?

He did, yes.

As others have said, a deal is a deal. If the seller realized the book was lower grade than stated or had undisclosed resto he should give the buyer the option of a reduced price or a refund. If the seller realized the book was higher grade he should honour the deal. Refunding the seller and dumping the deal sounds poopy kittens.

It is hard to imagine circumstances that would land the book in someone elses sig line other than accepting a better offer. Would love to hear from the seller.....