• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Major transaction let-down. Need advice!
3 3

1,251 posts in this topic

I haven't read the whole thread...just responding to Dan's initial post....

Yeah, it sucks. But I'd just tell your boy to move on. Pre-Robin Tec's are tough to come by, but they are out there. It's not a 'Tec 27 (or 31), so the pain isn't quite as great. Yes, it does suck. But, not the end of the world.

One of the great things about the hobby is that another one will come up. There are multiple copies of virtually every book out there. A great man once said "Patience is a virue" ( :grin:). That holds true with this hobby. A majority books are out there; and they'll become available at some point

What your boy is looking for is more rare than the standard fare, but they are out there.

Amen :preach:

Bat-Man had a Tec 37 in his sig earlier this week...

He had it 30 minutes ago, now it's gone. I know that book, before people go jumping to conclusions on who the seller was....that book traded hands between board members.

did'nt he have 2 copies in his sig..?

I only recall the one.

We're very very fair guys...and understanding. So we'll leave this up for 24 hours without saying anything and we hope the seller has the stones enough to come forward and explain.

Honestly, if we get the truth, that's fine. That's all Matt wants is the truth.

We're very very fair guys...and understanding. So we'll leave this up for 24 hours without saying anything and we hope the seller has the stones enough to come forward and explain.

Sounds fair to me

He had it 30 minutes ago, now it's gone. I know that book, before people go jumping to conclusions on who the seller was....that book traded hands between board members.

(thumbs u

Any clue why it was sold to Bat-Man, rather than to Dan's friend?

Sounds reasonable and a good plan! (thumbs u

Yeah, it sucks. But I'd just tell your boy to move on. Pre-Robin Tec's are tough to come by, but they are out there. It's not a 'Tec 27 (or 31), so the pain isn't quite as great. Yes, it does suck. But, not the end of the world.

One of the great things about the hobby is that another one will come up. There are multiple copies of virtually every book out there. A great man once said "Patience is a virue" ( :grin:). That holds true with this hobby. A majority books are out there; and they'll become available at some point

What your boy is looking for is more rare than the standard fare, but they are out there.

I agree completely! Matt is a reasonable guy. It's not like he's looking for blood! lol

He just wants an explanation and for the seller to be held accountable and then he'll move on. You never know when another will pop up!

Edited by TheDanimal

OK OK it was me i had a deal with someone (un named at the time) and had originally gave a $500 deposit and within almost a week wanted to meet in person to get the book, if that couldnt be done i would have paypal the rest (we said it would be cool to meet in person). I have reponded many times to the seller in wich im ignored again he said "quote actually saw stuff on the book that wouldnt give it the grade I expected so I didnt want to hold your money and I issued a refund right away, I am sorry but Ill explain more another day, I am dead tired right now."

I responded with i dont care i want it anyway and if it were money we could make it work. Never did i beat him up about price at all he told me a price i agreed. This happened last night, I come home today and see the book it someones sig pictures (Yes im 100% sure its the book).

I was nervous to come out and say all this and being good friends with Dan he started the thread, Im also new so i was nervous people would not believe me over a reputable person on the boards

Im just really pissed this book ment alot to me to owne something like this and maybe its weird but it gives me a crappy feeling in my stomach ( ive barely slept for 2 weeks waiting to get this book i know im weird but lol)

thanks for all the advice i greatly apreciate it

(thumbs u

Any clue why it was sold to Bat-Man, rather than to Dan's friend?

Money talks, BS walks. (shrug)

OK OK it was me i had a deal with someone (un named at the time) and had originally gave a $500 deposit and within almost a week wanted to meet in person to get the book, if that couldnt be done i would have paypal the rest (we said it would be cool to meet in person). I have reponded many times to the seller in wich im ignored again he said "quote actually saw stuff on the book that wouldnt give it the grade I expected so I didnt want to hold your money and I issued a refund right away, I am sorry but Ill explain more another day, I am dead tired right now."

I responded with i dont care i want it anyway and if it were money we could make it work. Never did i beat him up about price at all he told me a price i agreed. This happened last night, I come home today and see the book it someones sig pictures (Yes im 100% sure its the book).

I was nervous to come out and say all this and being good friends with Dan he started the thread, Im also new so i was nervous people would not believe me over a reputable person on the boards

Im just really pissed this book ment alot to me to owne something like this and maybe its weird but it gives me a crappy feeling in my stomach ( ive barely slept for 2 weeks waiting to get this book i know im weird but lol)

Does that post come in English with a side order of less rambling?

Does that post come in English with a side order of less rambling?

That's why I made the post lol

Don't feel bad. Nobody should be mad at you.

Offer was up. You pulled the trigger. Book is yours.

I don't doubt the story but are you positive that you can tell the exact same book from a small sig image?

It does seem convenient though that Bat-man removed his tec 37's so recently.

Trust me, it's the same book. We can trace this book back to previous owners. Gotta remember how scarce these are. Especially low grade, you can see defects all over that might as well have gold magic marker all over the cover. It's the same book.

Respectfully disagree. If it all went down like stated, and I have no reason yet to assume otherwise, this was really really wrong and should not be given the "Oh well, another will come along tratment"

Really hope this gets cleared up quick!