• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

Hi CPG fans (I hope you're still out there)!

I have joined the CPG party 9 years late it seems - lol.  Anyways, up to 1 week ago, I had never heard of Cursed Pirate Girl.  Seriously.  As I was on a hunt to find something unique, but awesome, for my collection - I stumbled upon an article about CPG, so I investigated and researched.  Wow, I was blown away!  This thread, YouTube and Google turned up a lot of great information.  I had to have some CPG in my collection life, so here I am.  I have recently bought (and waiting on) the following:

#1 first print

#1 second print

#2 first print

#2 second print

#3 first print

Regular trade paperback

I still have a huge ways to go, but I will get all prints that were made available through Olympian Press.  I cannot (probably ever) afford some of the originals and errors, but I have my eye out for KickStarters and other limited books.  This is a somewhat expensive series to get started in, but once started, I will keep going until I am satisfied.  Jeremy Bastion's work looks absolutely astonishing and I cannot wait to dig into the TPB.  This is not speculation for me, this is a start of a collection and I am TRULY excited. 

Some board members were saying they missed the boat when the editions just came out.  Try 9 years later and see what you've missed.  Some of y'all have extraordinary collections!  I wish Jeremy was able to make it to Phoenix, but regardless, I'm excited!

I hope to reinvigorate this thread to see if anyone has added to their collections in awhile so that I can see more.

Respectfully,
Jason

On 3/29/2019 at 3:57 PM, Pittsburgh said:

I cannot (probably ever) afford some of the originals and errors

Jeremy's commissions are surprisingly very affordable. The last one I got from him was $350 IIRC. Plus he's a really nice guy to interact with. :)

(Original pages are hard to come by in first place. The last sales I saw were in the $7500 range.)