• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cursed Pirate Girl

1,870 posts in this topic

I asked Jeremy Bastian what the print runs were when he was at Green Brain Comics on FCBD. He said he didn't print many of the original first prints that he brought to Wizard World Chicago (about 5 years ago?) and he really didn't know the numbers on the current print runs. He said I'd have to ask his publisher. He also said # 1 would probably be getting another printing.

I think we told you a few weeks ago...

lol

Yeah, you did.

You know what's funny? My LCS guy swears he showed it to me last year when it first came out. I don't remember this at all, but when I called to ask him about getting a #2, he said, "I showed issue #1 to you when it first came out! You should have bought it then. I was showing everyone b/c it was such a cool book."

I maintain that never happened, I know I would have remembered. And of the two of us, I think I have the better memory. But it could have happened, especially if it was one of the times I was in the LCS with my 2 small kids running around, me trying to control them while picking out comics.

It was funny though. I need to start listening to my LCS guy, he's smart.

I just read what I posted and came off prickish... :sorry:, not how I meant it (course as I read it how could I have meant it any other way...sigh)

I think we told you a few weeks ago...

lol

Yeah, you did.

You know what's funny? My LCS guy swears he showed it to me last year when it first came out. I don't remember this at all, but when I called to ask him about getting a #2, he said, "I showed issue #1 to you when it first came out! You should have bought it then. I was showing everyone b/c it was such a cool book."

I maintain that never happened, I know I would have remembered. And of the two of us, I think I have the better memory. But it could have happened, especially if it was one of the times I was in the LCS with my 2 small kids running around, me trying to control them while picking out comics.

It was funny though. I need to start listening to my LCS guy, he's smart.

I just read what I posted and came off prickish... :sorry:, not how I meant it (course as I read it how could I have meant it any other way...sigh)

lol

I laughed when I read that post, no worries. It's true! I only started paying attention to the book when you guys started talking about it. I swear I had never heard of it, no matter what my LCS guy tells me.

Gary, I'm not sure how many printings.

All I know for sure are:

#1 first print - price range I have seen is about $40-70

#2 first print - have not seen any of these sell

#2 second print - ranging from $5-10 or so if remember right on ebay

#3 first print - ranging from $5-19 on ebay.

(Those price ranges are supposedly for NM or better raw copies.)

More prints should be coming though, from what I've heard, but I don't know any more than that.

I am probably the least knowledgable person to ask, some of the guys may have better answers than me.

Edited by Kathryn

I asked Jeremy Bastian what the print runs were when he was at Green Brain Comics on FCBD. He said he didn't print many of the original first prints that he brought to Wizard World Chicago (about 5 years ago?) and he really didn't know the numbers on the current print runs. He said I'd have to ask his publisher. He also said # 1 would probably be getting another printing.

The 4th print of #1 will be out in a month or so.

and let's not forget the 5 copies of #1 printed without the logo or price stamp!

(thumbs u

I love this series, myself. Beautiful art and a very cool story. I'll agree with an earlier post, that this book "just feels special". I also find that due to the way Jeremy draws the pages, it can be somewhat difficult to follow the flow of dialogue. But that also seems to make me pay much more attention to what I'm reading. I just love it and highly recommend it.

The 4th print of #1 will be out in a month or so.

So what printing are the copies that I thought were the first prints of #1 (the copies we have seen on the boards and the 10.0 copy?) Can anyone clarify this for me? I looked at the cgc label on the 10.0 and it doesn't note that it's a later printing. It would seem that these books are the second printing if there was a set done from 5 years ago - or are they just more recent printings of the same book but still considered first prints?

Sorry, I'm just a bit confused. Is that book actually a 3rd printing of #1? Or are there just 2 other printings of #1 after that book, but I haven't seen them?

And better yet, does anyone understand this post? I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

and let's not forget the 5 copies of #1 printed without the logo or price stamp!

(thumbs u

I love this series, myself. Beautiful art and a very cool story. I'll agree with an earlier post, that this book "just feels special". I also find that due to the way Jeremy draws the pages, it can be somewhat difficult to follow the flow of dialogue. But that also seems to make me pay much more attention to what I'm reading. I just love it and highly recommend it.

Yes, I know what you mean. It requires being involved with the book and really giving it all of your attention. It's great.