• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

Here's a sleeper sci-fi cover that is evidently pretty scarce.  One of only two Katy sci-fi covers.  Only 2 copies were on ebay last week...now they are both gone.  One of them is pictured below...and none are on the census.  Whoops...spoke too soon...now there are 3 more on ebay... lol  None as nice as mine though...:whee:

=KatyKeene61-7.0

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

Not a recent purchase but a book that introduced the SA of Marvel to many kids that missed out on the '61-'63 intro issues. Also what I consider to be the second of the two great SA reprint origin books (DC's Secret Origins 1 being the other). The SA of Marvel Comics in its multipaneled glory! 

IMG_1327.JPG.641db5506edcfa0ceb10c728174dd589.JPG

Edited by bronze johnny

20 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

i love that, john!

i still have the very copy i bought off a spinner on fort walton beach, on my first trip to the gulf!

mt1uc.jpg

A well ❤️ed strawman copy! 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, cupny said:
On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:12 AM, Straw-Man said:

mt1uc.jpg

That book show some real love.

..... he only read it once..... but he read it HARD .................GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 1/24/2018 at 7:27 AM, bronze johnny said:

Not a recent purchase but a book that introduced the SA of Marvel to many kids that missed out on the '61-'63 intro issues. Also what I consider to be the second of the two great SA reprint origin books (DC's Secret Origins 1 being the other). The SA of Marvel Comics in its multipaneled glory! 

IMG_1327.JPG.641db5506edcfa0ceb10c728174dd589.JPG

A very undervalued book and extremely tough to find in high grade. Nice copy !

On 1/18/2018 at 9:13 PM, sagii said:

Date with Judy #77.jpg

That is a beautiful copy of a rarely-seen title in HG.  Very hard to locate.  Congrats.  I have a few and I love reading them.  Congrats.  Please share any other DC Judy books.

On 1/18/2018 at 5:21 AM, bronze johnny said:

Not new but a favorite. Imagine how exciting it was for kids to see this one (and later on in '64 with Marvel Tales 1) when they saw this giant on the newsstand...

IMG_1053.JPG.f6005280b422ab4d17ffd3e2e37f8a95.JPG

WOW!! Beautiful copy of one of my favorite DC books and my favorite annual.  I own two copies including one I bought at Cherokee in Hollywood a few years after the book appeared on the stands.  Congrats on owning an ultra HG book.  I still have fun reading my "Cherokee copy" about a nice Fine or Fine +.  If the book wasn't so expensive in ultra HG, I would buy one.    I just took out my CC comics.  I love the "in house ad" on the back cover promoting the first Batman Annual and Superman Annual 3.  What i really love about this book, though, is the super large DC logo in the Top Left corner.  That is so cool. And of course the pink and yellow color combination at the top of the book.  You're  right--DC surely went all out to promote this book.  Betcha DC sold a lot of copies.  Even at 25 cents this book was a bargain.  Wonder what the sales figures were.  

Edited by SLR5