• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,435 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2018 at 2:22 PM, gadzukes said:

I picked this up recently.  I've never seen one before.  1957 Charlton

a1.jpg

Nice pick up. That's a Bill Ward cover signed as McCartney. 

On 5/5/2018 at 7:29 PM, evilskip said:

I have an unslabbed #9 but would love to find a slabbed one at a reasonable price.

1ha7cgc.jpg

1hawk8.jpg

OH YES! Hawkman Vol. 1 is the best, Issue 7 is one of Murphy Anderson's greatest covers ever. They're all gorgeous. I'm lucky enough to have the whole volume. Nice covers.

27 years ago I became seriously ill and was medically retired (for lack of a better word). I also had to sell off a ton of my collection to make ends meet. It hurt to do so, but when you have no choice, what else can you do? I had to sell Brave & Bold 28-30 (fair to good), Justice League Of America 1-11 (#1 good, the rest fine to very fine) and many others.

So when I saw this for sale last week I did a lot of research on past sales of this issue. Wound up seeing a lot of issues worse than this going for much higher prices than what was being asked. Gambled on it and am pretty pleased with it. Not sure how long I'm going to hold on to it, but for now it is a keeper. I'm thinking 3.0.

1abb30.jpg

Edited by evilskip