• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,387 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

WA-HOO!! @mosconi I bet that your happy :) I'm happy for you too :foryou: Nice that some worked out to be signed by Stan too!! :shy: 

Thank you ADAMANTIUM!!  I was really fortunate to pick up the Stan Lee sig book.  I was looking for his signature on a comic he had actually worked on, and got lucky to pick it up!  (thumbsu

I'm sure there must be a well-documented history to this, but I've never understood DC's obsession with gorilla covers.  They are obviously popular with collectors today ... but at the time, was there any evidence in the minds of the DC editorial staff that gorilla covers sold more copies?  Is there anything (continuity-wise) connecting all the different gorilla appearances?

I don't think there's any equivalent trend on the Marvel side ... off the top of my head I can think of one Silver Age book (FF #13) -- featuring the Red Ghost and His Super-Apes -- that sort of fits.  The thing is, the Super-Apes didn't even make it onto the cover.

I’ve read that the gorilla covers were indeed good sellers for DC so they kept using them. I think it was in IDW’s excellent book chronicling the decade of the 60s in comic book collecting.

5 hours ago, 10cents said:

Picked up some run fillers and a few readers. Really digging the Gold Range stamp. 

161F8909-E115-49C7-B578-F8ED7E294680.thumb.jpeg.4fc6e620cc42a428c90850471e7e0d64.jpeg

2FA57545-1B2A-42A7-926D-3829977267E5.thumb.jpeg.b81750d2e0307bebfeb6f3d6a0eb9c83.jpeg

I'm wishing that I could remember to pick up the green lantern.... seldom see it out at the LCS etc...

That 2 gun kid though!! ^^

Enjoy ;)

On 11/29/2018 at 1:00 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Accidentally posted in bronze :shy: well deleted and now to post here ;)

Still new this week...

20181126_154622.jpg

Wait!?  53 is valuable?  I did not know this...  Maybe need slab it...

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_799.jpg.3da67df1145b55739a4289616e7b74f6.jpg

Bad corner crunches maybe not...

Actually looks like a subscription fold too, definitely not bleh...

Edited by Karl Liebl