• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,387 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Doktor said:

This books is my grail book. I’d have loved to buy a higher grade but this is what I can afford at the moment & I absolutely love it

D13505AF-077E-4079-AF6D-8802882363A3.jpeg

A true comic book collector isn't always obsessed with the better or best copy, just a copy that they love and fits into the mosaic of their collecting endeavors." - john 

P.S. Great copy and congratulations!

Edited by bronze johnny

53 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

A true comic book collector isn't always obsessed with the better or best copy, just a copy that they love and fits into the mosaic of their collecting endeavors." - john 

P.S. Great copy and congratulations!

I loved this copy the minute I saw it. It presents great. There’s a little damage in the top corner on the spine where there’s part of the book missing but I don’t care. I love looking at it. 

4 hours ago, Doktor said:

I loved this copy the minute I saw it. It presents great. There’s a little damage in the top corner on the spine where there’s part of the book missing but I don’t care. I love looking at it. 

Yep. It's like staring at a beautiful painting on the wall, or gorgeous fish in a fish tank, or a marvelous sunset. Beauty is appreciated for what it is.

On 6/12/2019 at 1:28 PM, evilskip said:

Picked up the Detective as a 2.0. The Captain Marvel 2 as a 4.0. The Superman annual was ungraded. It has wrinkling, no water damage.

00a.jpg

I don't know about anyone else, but the center picture of Superman epitomizes the work of Curt Swan. That is just an incredible depiction of Superman!

Joe

2 hours ago, sagii said:

Noted for containing the 1st comic book appearance of Pepe Le Pew inside (though it's tied with Daffy Duck #27 ('61) for that distinction. 

Looney Tunes #240.jpg

Also noted for being a phenomenal copy!