• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

Just got this from Robert ………… the beginning of the Marvel Universe is in this book.... almost every super power Marvel used was foreshadowed in this book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

CHALLENGERS 3 (2).jpg

20 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Just got this from Robert ………… the beginning of the Marvel Universe is in this book.... almost every super power Marvel used was foreshadowed in this book. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

CHALLENGERS 3 (2).jpg

Sounds like a good idea for a storyline hm

On 7/16/2019 at 6:36 PM, Comicdey said:

Picked this up in a group of books for $1 ea. 🤗  not high grade but complete first captain atom 

5A5E0036-FEE4-42D1-A03F-01D4CEDC97F2.jpeg

Wow, nice find!  I'd take an eraser to that one...

17 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

This just in from great boardie @NP_Gresham, finishing off for me this classic short Atlas run, which feels more like Golden Age than silver. :cloud9:

image.jpeg

congrats on the last of it :) i agree it looks more golden age.

14 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

congrats on the last of it :) i agree it looks more golden age.

Thank you; I'll try to shoot an interior shot or two later. But it's 1957 and obviously post-code; very cool, transitional and creative time in comics. I wonder if Yelow Claw was the first title to feature a villain in the lead role; I think it is, offhand.

3 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you; I'll try to shoot an interior shot or two later. But it's 1957 and obviously post-code; very cool, transitional and creative time in comics. I wonder if Yelow Claw was the first title to feature a villain in the lead role; I think it is, offhand.

lol i vaguely remember a conversation about this issue that someone was looking for it, but it was a long time ago, like years....

or it could have been a similar cover, either way, i don't know that much about it other than it is seldom seen to spark my memory lol 

On 7/20/2019 at 10:55 AM, N e r V said:

A pick up yesterday at SDCC after making a last minute offer. Dropping it off to be graded Sunday.

ED9828DF-95F8-4E9B-9CD7-41F06CE98A5E.thumb.jpeg.d93a8ed04caff38eec62b5400964fb87.jpeg

This cover is so dam cool!

Awesome add to your collection(worship)