• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,387 posts in this topic

57 minutes ago, Getoutandstayout said:

It must have sold already. I don't see a 5.5 listed currently on eBay. Did it say how much it was selling for?

I bought it. 457. Someone bid exactly what the registry points were. What did you pick yours up for? 

Edited by *Bronze age fan*

On 5/15/2019 at 7:13 PM, Getoutandstayout said:
On 5/14/2019 at 10:22 PM, Supa-Bad-Mofo said:

Finally! A personal grail! Been a long wait, but I ended up with a beauty thanks to a fellow boardie! Love it!1479426633_SilverSurfer4CGC8.0Front.thumb.jpg.a30100e8445c5f3a6824b75c23a7de78.jpg

That looks like a 9.0 to me. Maybe you could crack it, then resubmit it to, say, CBCS, for an 8.5 or even 9.0.

Unless there's something happening on the interior cover like tanning or something it looks like it could have an even shot at an 8.5. It has general edge wear that comports with an 8.5 but the small spine ticks could be what keeps it at 8

4 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Unless there's something happening on the interior cover like tanning or something it looks like it could have an even shot at an 8.5. It has general edge wear that comports with an 8.5 but the small spine ticks could be what keeps it at 8

What is CGC using - a microscope? I can't believe the microscopic issues I see would drive it all the way down to an 8.0.

On 7/30/2019 at 1:10 PM, MGsimba77 said:

Thanks! I think they were hard on the book. I think CGC is hard on this particular book in general. I have 9.2's that have more going on than this book does. It's a beauty for sure. The scan doesn't do the book any justice...the colors are deep and the whites are white. I'm likely going to pull graders notes and look them over. There isn't much difference in value between an 8.0 and 8.5, so I'm not sure if a resub is worth it. If it had a chance at an 9.0, I'd dive right in. I just got this book back a month ago and I think it has more going on...

2118347437_HeroforHire1CGC8.5Front.thumb.jpg.9e04ec4458472d4d288f196aeac00be4.jpg

Edited by Supa-Bad-Mofo

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

err uhh how much was it? lol jk

that's a nice copy though! Congrats!

Thanks. 300.00 and though it seemed like more I'd like to spend on a fairly common book but the with the crazy state of the market now..."Get it before the news drops from the mouth of marvel or forever hold your peace".