• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

Got this one back from CGC today.

Pretty funky artwork on the cover.

1.jpg

I don't own any Dell / Gold Key books but I love the cover designs.  The artwork is very sophisticated, and the design choices around the text further enhance the elevated sensibility.  Magnus, Robot Fighter #1 is another great example of a book whose cover really sells it.  I would absolutely have bought these books off the rack had I been a kid at the time.

The Outer Limits #1 was a surprise to me as it has 32 pages and no ads. Calling it a 4.0.

Then I wanted a couple of beaters. Books that you can read but you won't get too concerned if your dog farts on them. (Hopefully not while you're reading). The Batman 118 has a detached cover and a detached centerfold. A decent copy of this will set you back over $100, so this will do me just fine. Maybe a 1.0 to 1.5. The Batman 124 is just heavily creased; obviously folded up into a back pocket decades ago. Calling it a 2.0. 2nd appearance of The Signalman!!

00col.jpg

00c.jpg

00ca.jpg

I have always loved this cover as a kid and have wanted a cleaner copy than a beater from when I was about 12 so I thought why not grab it. Every time I look at it now it triggers a great time in my youth when my brother and I first started collecting together.

8C12CB0B-26FD-45F8-B9BB-B1435D4B28D1.jpeg