• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,387 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

@Dogsupreme that is some haul !! . . . just curious, do you get those unslabbed books at conventions, eBay, or here, or how?  I am starting to rebuild my collection and am wondering where to get those kinds of books before they are graded.  thanks

I usually get them from conventions or individual dealers. 

Here's my last post on my acquisitions of 2019. 2019 was a very bountiful year for my collection.

X-Men #3 CGC 6.5 - Ebay
X-Men #14 CGC 7.0 - from fellow board member @prjay55
Casper and Nightmare #11 CGC 9.8 - Harvey File Copy - Heritage Auctions - I remember reading Casper as a child, but I don't collect any Harvey series. I just wanted to have a comic that's over 50 years old with a 9.8. Highest graded comic in my collection.
From Beyond the Unknown #17 CGC 9.6 - Murphy Anderson File Copy - Heritage Auctions - I just wanted to have a book that belonged to Murphy Anderson, one of my all-time favorites.

I am looking forward to see what 2020 brings.

Joe

XMen3.jpg

XMen14.jpg

Casper.jpg

FBtU17.jpg

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer