• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, jbud73 said:

This has been the year of non-key Silver Age upgrades.  Some non-completionists may consider that phrase :whatev:but what can you do? The OCD comic book collector in me wins almost every time. Batman 216 is one of those, 'maybe tough census books' not many in High Grade but not many copies slabbed either.  I think its a toughie though, not only is it a black cover, but a dull matte black cover.  Ironically the black sections of the cover are the best condition areas on this book.

Batman216.jpg

Awesome! Congrats :)

I was wondering if I'd ever see this collected, I bought a vg copy when I started back in 2014. I dont see it often in the wild or otherwise lol

On 3/14/2020 at 1:35 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Picked up this raw 6.5/7.0 copy of ASM 81 today for $15 after coupon :takeit:

20200314_131650.jpg

Both at half price books...

This next one $11 after coupon, about 7.0 has some staining, but mostly posting for good on half price books for stocking some silver age

ASM 71

20200315_104117.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I completely forgot about these issues I got at C2E2. I got them from Harley Yee. I'm not sure about his grading, but he brings issues like this to the con. I went to all the other dealers, but only one person had this type of Brave and the Bold. Unfortunately, it was slabbed and expensive.

I don't want top quality issues. I am only interested in reader copies. However, I am already 1/3 of the way to achieving my goal of a run of Brave and the Bold #1 - #24.

This issues I picked up were #5, #9, #11, #12, #17, #18, and #20. FYI - I didn't pay anywhere near Harely's asking prices.

Also, I included a picture that all Silver Age collectors will appreciate. I now have autographed pictures of all the original actors except Leonard Nimoy. I will have to buy one if I want to make this complete.

BatB05.jpg

BatB09.jpg

BatB11.jpg

BatB12.jpg

BatB17.jpg

BatB18.jpg

BatB20.jpg

Chekov.jpg

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer