• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,433 posts in this topic

Well, I was prepared to tell everyone that I had picked up a copy of Black Knight #3 CGC 4.0. This book was up for auction at Comic Connect. As I do with all auctions, I bid the maximum that I am willing to pay, and let the chips fall where they may. The auction ended last night, and I felt that my bid of $525 would hold up. No such luck. The book sold for $586!!! I thought my bid of $525 was excessive, but I really wanted this book. I had no idea that it would sell for that much.

BK3.jpg.d879d0cc7124489759f5ebe7733c1d59.jpg

Edited by Joe Ankenbauer

1 hour ago, evilskip said:

Finally pulled the trigger on this one.

5368520.jpg

That book is just put together right lol

Green, purple, yellow moon, brownish orange, red, blue, and a bit of pink, white and black lol

Ominous!!

I have yet to pick up one too!

Congrats on yours! :headbang:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Well, I was prepared to tell everyone that I had picked up a copy of Black Knight CGC 4.0. This book was up for auction at Comic Connect. As I do with all auctions, I bid the maximum that I am willing to pay, and let the chips fall where they may. The auction ended last night, and I felt that my bid of $525 would hold up. No such luck. The book sold for $586!!! I thought my bid of $525 was excessive, but I really wanted this book. I had no idea that it would sell for that much.

BK3.jpg.d879d0cc7124489759f5ebe7733c1d59.jpg

Yeah what kind of nut would go that high?  :whatthe:

:fear:

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yep.  I was surprised at how much it cost too, but the #4 cost me much less ($345) so I'm happy overall with what I paid for the pair.  Sorry about that!  :foryou:

285136624_BlackKnight3CGC4.0.thumb.jpg.ccc0cae0dc2f65334a70914ed0e65390.jpg

Lou, there is no need for you to apologize. We both wanted this book, but you were willing to pay more for it. When I bid, I bid the highest amount that I am willing to pay. I thought a bid of $525 would do the trick, but no such luck. I'll just keep my eye for another #3. I am also looking for BK #5.

Just out of curiosity, how many Black Knight (Atlas) issues do you have?

58 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Lou, there is no need for you to apologize. We both wanted this book, but you were willing to pay more for it. When I bid, I bid the highest amount that I am willing to pay. I thought a bid of $525 would do the trick, but no such luck. I'll just keep my eye for another #3. I am also looking for BK #5.

Just out of curiosity, how many Black Knight (Atlas) issues do you have?

I have #1 (6.5), #3 (4.0), #4 (4.0), and #5 (7.0).  So I'm just down to #2 but might consider upgrading the #3 and the #4 if a good deal comes along.

18 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I have #1 (6.5), #3 (4.0), #4 (4.0), and #5 (7.0).  So I'm just down to #2 but might consider upgrading the #3 and the #4 if a good deal comes along.

Lou, if you decide to upgrade, I would be quite interested in issues #3 and #5. As I am sure you have noticed, these books don't come up for sale very often.

13 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Lou, if you decide to upgrade, I would be quite interested in issues #3 and #5. As I am sure you have noticed, these books don't come up for sale very often.

OK Joe, I will definitely keep that in mind.  Generally 7.0 has been my ceiling for all pre-hero books, so I'm unlikely to upgrade the #5.  But the #3 has your name on it if I can get to at least a 5.0.  (thumbsu