• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,429 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

this one was too pretty not to hit the button on once, and that did it.

mt2.jpg

Love it! My run starts at the next issue, as issues 1 & 2 have eluded me thus far. I also want them in 9.6, so …. they're expensive up there. Here's my 3 though. It's a Boston pedigree. 

Marvel Tales 3 9.2 w Boston front.jpg

1 hour ago, Jayman said:

Always thought this was a classic Doom cover and wanted to get one. Was never high on my priority list and finally got around to nabbing one. Is something going on with this issue? Prices seem higher than I thought...hm

Marvel Super-Heroes # 20 CGC 8.0.jpg

Not sure if it qualifies as "red hot," but it's definitely a hot issue as it's a great cover, one of the first if not the first Dr. Doom solo stories, and a very affordable alternative to FF #5 or even FF Annual #2.  Great copy!

1 hour ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Not sure if it qualifies as "red hot," but it's definitely a hot issue as it's a great cover, one of the first if not the first Dr. Doom solo stories, and a very affordable alternative to FF #5 or even FF Annual #2.  Great copy!

I also love the Bill Everett Sub-Mariner head in the upper left corner.  I wish I had a copy of this book.