• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,435 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, silverweb said:

This week I won this book on ComicLink. Front cover looks better than many 7.0s out there imho. Pretty clean front cover with blue tone background and no yellowed right edge. "Buy the book, not the grade", its been said! 

ASM 26 CGC 5.0.jpg

Great looking book, I agree.  Whenever the defects that earn a book a particular grade are "hidden" on the back cover, I feel that makes the book much more attractive than its peers -- and as you point out, for mid-grade books it can give the book more appeal than copies graded one or two points higher.

On 7/11/2020 at 5:35 AM, Bart Allen said:

Managed to get Young Marvelman #370 - the last issue and appearance of Young Marvelman; who would be later seen as Young Miracleman when Moore brought the series back ~

36_youngmarvman370FNplus (1).jpg

Love it :applause:

1 minute ago, Bart Allen said:

Why thanks lol

I shall be submitting that to CGC within the year <3

Love the cover and the colors sparkle.

I collect GA/SA UK comics but have shied away from longer title runs like this but still think they are great.  

Thanks for sharing.

1 hour ago, telerites said:

Love the cover and the colors sparkle.

I collect GA/SA UK comics but have shied away from longer title runs like this but still think they are great.  

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers and thanks awesome!

10 hours ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

The copies look really nice.  Are you going to get them graded?  What condition do you think they’re in?

Wish I could get CGC to come to me.  My guess is the 109 is 9.4 + as is and the 105 could be the same with a press.  Whole silver and bronze run is all that pretty.

30 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Wish I could get CGC to come to me.  My guess is the 109 is 9.4 + as is and the 105 could be the same with a press.  Whole silver and bronze run is all that pretty.

I would have a hard time choosing which ones to send in first.  Incredible Hulk #152  is definitely in my top 5 though.