• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,445 posts in this topic

On 8/15/2020 at 11:13 AM, Morganmi said:

Then a nicer One. Love the colors in this book!

Xmen #44.jpg

I think colors varied on some of these books. Here's one that I bought a few years ago and this pic is the one from the auction. The background colors are a goodly bit different. Nice copy you've got there by the way!  (thumbsu

X-Men 44 9.0 ow-w ss Roy Thomas front.jpg

On 8/15/2020 at 5:04 PM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I picked up Avengers #3 CGC 6.5 and Avengers #14 CGC 8.5 last week. A big "thank you" to @MustEatBrains for selling them to me at very reasonable prices!

Avengers3.jpg.e7a6ab0d9a716ee07fe8da36296a41df.jpg     Avengers14.jpg.54f65c81bb38d34f4745c838d58decac.jpg

GREAT grabs here Joe!!! Really nice looking copies for the grades!!!  :applause:

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I think colors varied on some of these books. Here's one that I bought a few years ago and this pic is the one from the auction. The background colors are a goodly bit different. Nice copy you've got there by the way!  (thumbsu

Thanks sweet signature series yourself, and yea the ink on this book is super deep. Quite a few small defects but the colors are almost dripping off the cover.

I believe you might be correct that the color deepness differed from book to book in the silver age and before. I`m defiantly no expert but it doesn`t seem likely the color differences are purely due to fading when you have a lot of pretty worn books with deep dark colors and super nice copies with lighter colors.

1 hour ago, Morganmi said:

Thanks sweet signature series yourself, and yea the ink on this book is super deep. Quite a few small defects but the colors are almost dripping off the cover.

I believe you might be correct that the color deepness differed from book to book in the silver age and before. I`m defiantly no expert but it doesn`t seem likely the color differences are purely due to fading when you have a lot of pretty worn books with deep dark colors and super nice copies with lighter colors.

Thanks! At one time I was considering building a Signature Series X-Men run but it's SO hard for me to retain a focus, because I love SO many areas of the hobby! I've seen a TON of color variations on covers, especially with a few Golden Age Fiction House comics! My copy may have some fade to it, but the backgrounds are VERY different while the reds seem close. Anyway, beautiful colors on your copy!  (thumbsu