• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,432 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, rfhbv100 said:

Congratulations! I myself am thinking about selling the ASM 300 for the same ToA 39 without a cover. Not sure if it's worth it

Honestly, to me I see that as a good idea especially if you can get one close to the current GPA of around $1,100. I don't see either book going down in value, but of the two just based on the movies I can see Iron Man's 1st appearance continue to climb each year. (however I'm super biased, I've been a big Iron Man fan all my life and was the first comic series I collected, never was a Spider-Man/Venom fan)

ASM300 has almost 24,000 copies on the CGC census (with countless more raw), while Tos39 has 2,300...basically less than 10% of the graded copies of ASM out there. So finding another ASM300 in the future will be much easier than trying to get any copy of ToS39.

The only thing I highly recommend is getting a COMPLETE coverless copy, as I've seen some out there that are cheaper ($500-$700) but are also missing some of the interior pages (and I honestly think if it is missing any of the Iron Man story pages it doesn't make much sense to invest in it)

Edited by Sauce Dog

12 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Честно говоря, на мой взгляд, это хорошая идея, особенно если вы можете приблизиться к текущему среднему баллу около 1100 долларов. Я не вижу, чтобы ни одна из книг упала в цене, но из двух, основанных только на фильмах, я вижу, что первое появление Железного человека продолжает расти с каждым годом. (однако я очень пристрастен, я был большим поклонником Железного Человека всю свою жизнь, и это был первый сборник комиксов, который я собрал, никогда не был поклонником Человека-паука / Яда)

ASM300 имеет почти 24000 копий по данным CGC (с гораздо больше сырых), в то время как у Tos39 2300 ... в основном менее 10% оцененных копий ASM. Так что найти еще один ASM300 в будущем будет намного проще, чем пытаться получить любую копию ToS39.

Единственное, что я настоятельно рекомендую, - это получить ПОЛНУЮ копию без обложки, поскольку я видел некоторые из них, которые дешевле (500-700 долларов), но также не имеют некоторых внутренних страниц (и я честно думаю, что если в нем отсутствует какая-либо из Страницы истории Железного Человека вкладывать в это особого смысла не имеет)

I wanted to take a copy without a quarter to the first page. However, I also hoped to bargain for a good price