• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,433 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

Here are three books I picked up during the last ten days of December:

Showcase #34 CGC 7.0 - I picked this up during the last ComicLink auction. I definitely paid more than I should have, but how often do you this upper mid-grade with white pages up for sale?
SC34.thumb.jpg.3faac5a23962e3b84fe59b0e98fe5b00.jpg

Fantastic Four #49 - CGC 6.5. I traded my FF #49 6.5 to @Omaha-CGC-Comicsfor my FF #49 6.0 plus cash. I now have a partner with my FF #48 CGC 6.5. One of my priorities of 2021 will be to purchase an FF #50 CGC 6.5. Yes, I know I have OCD, but that discussion is for another time and place.
FF49.thumb.jpg.d2ef8214663789837dd0c1d7a2b39aee.jpg

Last, but CERTAINLY not least, is Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 2.5. I purchased this from Collectors Comics (https://collectorscomics.com/#/). I paid over FMV, but a chance to purchase a book like this doesn't come around every day.
AF15-Mine.thumb.jpg.0eb937970b6df5ec22e22b3104a55eb6.jpg

Nicely done!

6 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Sub-Mariner 1. 

E7B61240-8E56-4D51-848E-E644179E222E.jpeg

Man that is nice looking!

Bare with me lol

I had an eye on a 9.4 signed by Stan Lee and it was $450. Then Stan died and it was still available on the site, well I tried to buy it, then all of a sudden it was no longer available ha but they said I could make an offer! Yes dear seller whom I conveniently forget the name of your on my list! :tonofbricks:

1 hour ago, Straw-Man said:

not generally a d.c. guy, but did dig the challengers as a kid; gonna get those s'case issues and #1 of their title.

showcase6.jpg

I'm envious. I bought this book restored, and I hoped that CGC could remove the restoration. CGC took out of the slab, but determined that the restoration could not be removed. Now, I'm in search of this book again, and looking for a grade between 3.0 and 4.0. This book doesn't come up for sale all that often, and, when it does, it's over priced.