• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

not generally a d.c. guy, but did dig the challengers as a kid; gonna get those s'case issues and #1 of their title.

showcase6.jpg

Great book Billy!

First original DC Silver Age concept! There's a strong argument to be made that Showcase 6 is the first SA book given that the Challies got their own title prior to the Flash. Where would the Fantastic Four be without the Challies? Kirby was there at the beginning of the SA of DC Comics and he laid the groundwork for what would happen when Marvel's SA started with Fantastic Four 1. Stan was there to help Jack take Marvel's Challies one step further!   

Edited by bronze johnny

2 hours ago, Morganmi said:

My LCS had these beauties today. FF 60 is probably my favorite Battle cover, centering is off on the 60 but the colors just pop on both of these so I had to have them.:)

Fantastic Four #60.jpg

Not sure I had ever seen #60 up close, they but heads for sure. Pretty!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

22 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

Just came in and I’m very pleased. It was sold as VF and it definitely is. What a beauty. Also, this book was shipped double boarded in fresh Mylar, wrapped in bubble and perched on packing peanuts but when I opened the box I was immediately blasted with cigarette smoke smell. Haha. Gross.

36997A67-AA88-4B98-A793-E6F8D6D1746A.jpeg

Nice Book! Its probably the bubble wrap making the smell. I get new plastic coverings for work all the time and for whatever reason they always smell stongly like cigarette smoke when we open them.

15 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

Just came in and I’m very pleased. It was sold as VF and it definitely is. What a beauty. Also, this book was shipped double boarded in fresh Mylar, wrapped in bubble and perched on packing peanuts but when I opened the box I was immediately blasted with cigarette smoke smell. Haha. Gross.

36997A67-AA88-4B98-A793-E6F8D6D1746A.jpeg

One of my favourite books. I would love to see it out of the bag.