• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,387 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

Here’s my best 17. Run has great under the radar covers. 

40C78B47-DC7B-46DD-9310-E20EBD571CE0.jpeg

I love it when you can find these in nice shape without shredded bindings. nice.

9 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

So check this out. Went back out to my LCS and scored these today. Apparently all these came from a local 70ish year old scientist that had walked in a few days before with a stack of FF's. He said he knew they had some value but couldn't remember why he had them or where he got em and and if the store owner wanted to buy them, which the store owner of course did. Had to ask the wife for a loan but not often you find such amazing copies in the wild. Made my month. :)

20210121_152648.jpg

those 1sts and 2nds do look easy on the eyes, sweet pick up!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

those 1sts and 2nds do look easy on the eyes, sweet pick up!

Yea the 53 has some marvel chipping along the top edge but otherwise pretty flawless. The 52 has some small imperfections along the top edge also but otherwise in great shape. Will do some scans later when I get a chance.

2 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

Yea the 53 has some marvel chipping along the top edge but otherwise pretty flawless. The 52 has some small imperfections along the top edge also but otherwise in great shape. Will do some scans later when I get a chance.

I bought a #53 looked real sharp, for $30 , then I got it home and discovered it had a spine split from bottom staple to the bottom of the spine...

So it's the cleanest 3.0 you'll ever find lol

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I bought a #53 looked real sharp, for $30 , then I got it home and discovered it had a spine split from bottom staple to the bottom of the spine...

So it's the cleanest 3.0 you'll ever find lol

Oh yea those spine splits are such a bummer money wise but great for your own personal collection at that price. :ohnoez:

9 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

Oh yea those spine splits are such a bummer money wise but great for your own personal collection at that price. :ohnoez:

Lol true for a reader can't complain, still bought a cgc 7.0 after that ha!

But good to inspect before you buy, like you when the seller came into the LCS. All good and I was still a bit new.