• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, FoggyNelson said:

I did not remember that 16 was the Romita first DD issue so thank you

I think it was Romita Sr.'s 1st Spiderman. It's mentioned in this 2002/2003?? DD documentary with interviews of all the big name artists/creators.

https://youtu.be/IA4P9eG2WKY

Edited by The Man Without Beer

1 hour ago, The Man Without Beer said:

I think it was Romita Sr.'s 1st Spiderman. It's mentioned in this 2002/2003?? DD documentary with interviews of all the big name artists/creators.

https://youtu.be/IA4P9eG2WKY

It's still kind of cheap even at the higher prices. While Ditko is my #1, Romita isn't very far behind, to me. I know many people who prefer Romita as #1. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

4 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I did not remember that 16 was the Romita first DD issue so thank you

12 was the first Romita DD issue.

5 hours ago, rexinnih said:

Always loved that Daredevil 16 cover and added bonus being John Romita's first DD. 

It’s Romita’s first work on Spidey. It’s his fifth DD issue.

2 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

cropped per board rules, but hypothetically a 9.0 savannah copy from the other guys; pre-checks 1-19 run now complete!

80pagegiant3 (2).jpg

Congrats Billy! I think you did this in record time?

20 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

It's still kind of cheap even at the higher prices. While Ditko is my #1, Romita isn't very far behind, to me. I know many people who prefer Romita as #1. GOD BLESS...

Yeah, I grabbed 2 of them last week. Saw a better grade and had to get it. I'll re-sell the 1st one.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, jimjum12 said:

I used to be in the Ditko camp first too and still love his run but I now favor the original Romita run starting in 1966 to at least the late 60’s. Romita by the 1970’s had become Marvels corporate look on their merchandise while still pretty to look at lacked his earlier fine newspaper strip look he had in the beginning. Those early Romita Spider-Man’s had a very professional look like the higher end papers of the day ran. Probably why I also collect his earlier DC romance books. Very polished style. To bad he didn’t return to Marvel sooner in their “rebirth” in the early 60’s since he had been around Marvel since the 1950’s including his Cap art back on their first attempted (failed) reboot of superheroes. A great “what if...”