• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Bludriver said:

I just bought this as I fell in love with how beautiful the condition was on the front cover...however it has foxing on the back. The consensus in the grading forum is that it is a 5.0 but I feel a grade like that, although it may be correct, does a disservice to the beauty of the book and I would never get it slabbed. I have a few books like this with a really nice front and a bad back cover...I guess I like these crippled beauties :)

FF72.1 - Copy.jpg

FF72.6.jpg

I hear ya. As a collector I'd buy that 5.0 all day long. I mean does anyone really look at the back of a comic except to grade it. Finding books like that for me is a  huge win. Looks like a 9 at the cost of a 5. :banana:

12 minutes ago, Morganmi said:

I hear ya. As a collector I'd buy that 5.0 all day long. I mean does anyone really look at the back of a comic except to grade it. Finding books like that for me is a  huge win. Looks like a 9 at the cost of a 5. :banana:

I paid more than a 5.0 but that is fine as it is worth more than a regular 5.0. I already have a higher mid-grade of this issue but this beats its easily so it will now take its place.

6 hours ago, Bludriver said:

I just bought this as I fell in love with how beautiful the condition was on the front cover...however it has foxing on the back. The consensus in the grading forum is that it is a 5.0 but I feel a grade like that, although it may be correct, does a disservice to the beauty of the book and I would never get it slabbed. I have a few books like this with a really nice front and a bad back cover...I guess I like these crippled beauties :)

FF72.1 - Copy.jpg

FF72.6.jpg

Nice book!

I agree, I have a couple books that are absolutely exquisite front cover but have a pronounced flaw on the back and as long as you get a fair price for the WHOLE book, I would always take a 5.0 that looks like a 9.0 front cover over a 5.0 that looks like a 5.0 front cover every day of the week.