• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
42 42

9,430 posts in this topic

Nothing special but always wanted a copy of this book

Scan0199_zpst1wuylge.jpg

I was too young for the show, and I have no memory of it.

However, I do recall a Boardie sharing his love for The Scarecrow, and from his enthusiasm I can see why you wanted one! Books like this are the real backbone of the hobby. Enjoy!

Scan0199_zpst1wuylge.jpg

I was too young for the show, and I have no memory of it.

However, I do recall a Boardie sharing his love for The Scarecrow, and from his enthusiasm I can see why you wanted one! Books like this are the real backbone of the hobby. Enjoy!

Missed the show huh? Well, this is 2017 and everything is on youtube...here ya go...

Scan0199_zpst1wuylge.jpg

I remember seeing the movie at a double-feature matinee (with Treasure Island) on a friend's birthday in the seventies. The movie was awesome and I'm glad everyone can find it on Youtube, because the DVDs sell for nearly $200 on Ebay!

Scan0199_zpst1wuylge.jpg

Love the book, loved the series on Wonderful World of Disney. There were rumors of a dvd release of the series. Oh wait, looks like it is available.

Edited by batman_fan

I just bought this issue 76 signed by Neal Adams because I had a few other signed Green Lantern Green Arrow books. I just started to re-look at my collection after twenty years off. I have around 8 to 9 thousand books so there is a lot to look at and grade.

I went to the Nickel City con where Neal Adams and CGC both were there, so I had 13 books signed and most graded. Issue 89 is a personal favorite but the bottom was rough, I still had it signed. After I thought I would sell it but I didn't find a buyer so I guess the fates wanted me to keep it, glad, still a favorite. Love the art and story. Very much a book of the times.

a>

a>

a>

a>

Tales To Astonish #53 CGC 7.5 - it was sent to me by mistake, I had won Amazing Adventures #6 Neal Adams Sig Series CGC 8.5.

If I have your book and you got mine, PM me please

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tales-To-Astonish-53-CGC-7-5-Porcupine-Origin-OW-W-/162274024040?hash=item25c8491a68%3Ag%3Az8sAAOSwal5YIh-9&nma=true&si=%252FMhgod3bQSSjJJ%252BccEwpEe858Vo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I love those early gold suit books (thumbs u

Thx! Last one I needed to complete 40-48 I think, so I traded a starting-out collector--turned-dealer a small stack of etc for it (and a Special Marvel Edition 15). Lots of $10-$20 Batmans he could sell quickly, and a Star Wars 107 that he had a guy for. That sort of thing.

Some books I just got back, all silver age keys. I sent in 7 books for Stan lee to sign plus 4 books for Frank Miller/Janson to sign with a certified witness who then submitted my books to CGC. I also had two other books witness and submitted but my name wasn't on that invoice. The witness still hasn't paid his bill in full so CGC still had them there. I called and because I wanted to know about my books. Even though the complete bill has not been paid yet they still sent me my books, big thank you CGC.

Now a few photos. The Lee signed books are all books I bought when I was 8 or 9. All key books and golden memories.

Enjoy my youth.

a>

a>

a>

a>

Some books I just got back, all silver age keys. I sent in 7 books for Stan lee to sign plus 4 books for Frank Miller/Janson to sign with a certified witness who then submitted my books to CGC. I also had two other books witness and submitted but my name wasn't on that invoice. The witness still hasn't paid his bill in full so CGC still had them there. I called and because I wanted to know about my books. Even though the complete bill has not been paid yet they still sent me my books, big thank you CGC.

Now a few photos. The Lee signed books are all books I bought when I was 8 or 9. All key books and golden memories.

Enjoy my youth.

a>

a>

a>

a>

Awesome additions. Sadly I had to sell my old comics that I bought as a kid for a grail issue. I miss the reader copies though.

Had a question about Joe Sinnot, does he always sign in BLACK sharpie, I mean regardless the book? lol js This isn't new to my collection but is back from CGC anyway feel like I've posted it everywhere :shy:

167585.jpg.0ec6c8e8e3ff7f261a3a28bcb2e5c10f.jpg

167586.jpg.09726bde8eb1a8672b1ff6f6819774e1.jpg