• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,433 posts in this topic

From a nice little OO collection a pal just picked up :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

gXU7cKJ.jpg

..... this next one Judy put dibs on.....

am8XXtk.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

On March 28, 2017 at 10:06 AM, jimjum12 said:

From a nice little OO collection a pal just picked up :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

gXU7cKJ.jpg

..... this next one Judy put dibs on.....

am8XXtk.jpg

The Nuclear Creature looks like the cousin of The Creature from Inner Space from House of Mystery #79, also done by Kirby.

When I was little my big brother would let me tag along when he went to the local store on Saturday mornings; they had a comic rack there.   I'd sit in the front seat of his Ford Thunderbird as we drove down A1A to the 520 Causeway that connected Cocoa Beach to the mainland.  The top was down, the sky was blue, and I was hangin' out with my big brother - life was good.
He'd buy me a comic at the store, only one - so I would pick out a 25 center - hey, I was little but I wasn't dumb. :smile:
This was right before I discovered Marvel Comics, so I'd usually pick out a DC, or a Charlton war comic.

I loved the DC 80-Page Giants.  Lots'a reading for 25¢.  Most of those ended up disappearing with a babysitter a couple years later.
So I was happy to pick these up this week off Comic Connect at what I think was a fair price.  I'm 8 years old again, ridin' in a red Thunderbird under the Florida sun.  :whee:

80pggiant4.jpg.592e4e051d315bc5067d69934e4049a3.jpg80pggiant5.jpg.a251a159bac8b180e06d4738f2b53406.jpg80pggiant6.jpg.9c8a7ee9450557eec3349e60ba057589.jpg80pggiant12.jpg.9f8bc90ccf75afc9f0c7844b20b7eacd.jpg   

Edited by Unca Ben