• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,440 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Comicdey said:

Why is submariner hot?

nice copies by the way ?

IMG_1709.JPG

Thx! Yours too from what I can tell in the group shot...what grade would you say we are looking at in your nifty haul there? Looks pretty high but group pix can be tough to tell. Congrats on a nice bunch!

Hot due to movie rumors, I believe....there's some rumor out there on the net that both Subby and Aquaman films are being shot currently in Hawaii....who knows???

3 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thx! Yours too from what I can tell in the group shot...what grade would you say we are looking at in your nifty haul there? Looks pretty high but group pix can be tough to tell. Congrats on a nice bunch!

Hot due to movie rumors, I believe....there's some rumor out there on the net that both Subby and Aquaman films are being shot currently in Hawaii....who knows???

These are all from an OO collection.  Very high grade in general from 8.0-9.4 range 

heres an example 

IMG_1731.JPG

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

Sub-Mariner is probably about the cheapest late Silver run you can get these day.  Great books!

Thx! Like I said, it wasn't dollar-bin cheap, but certainly reasonable for what it is. And I don't know if that movie rumor is the sole fuel, but I noticed as Comicjack said that the #1 seems to be warming up, so I was happy to stumble across them. Maybe it's just that Subby is the only major Marvel title to be sitting cold longer than FF? Y'know, we've probably all had the a-ha moment with some title from time to time, "Hey, these books are cheap for their weight class? Why not?"

1 hour ago, climaco87 said:

New to the CGC forums but not new to collecting. Just wanted to share the newest addition to my silver age collection. 

Welcome to the boards!  Congrats on the book, I've always liked that cover.