• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's new in your Silver Age collection this week
43 43

9,445 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, shiverbones said:

I picked up a 10 at the same place I got the 8 last week. I guess I have to fill in the first 10 now

7AEE77B3-DE25-45DD-88ED-14F7389A9D4B.jpeg

:whee: some nice silver age, they are no longer cheap at my LCS in any grade, last year low grade was priced at $30 and now they're behind the counter :eek: eek!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/23/2019 at 12:23 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Just picked up this hard-to-find book from Reece's Rare Comics:

804669451_TalestoAstonish75CGC9.4.thumb.jpg.842394db031aa82241ee6820a089031f.jpg

One interesting thing I noticed is that this 9.4 has the Green River pedigree, but there is also a 9.6 copy of this same book with the Green River Pedigree.  You can see it here:

https://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=TalestoAstonish_75_64595

I don't think I've ever seen two copies of the same title and issue within a pedigree before, though I'm sure it happens.  Almost every time someone talks about a pedigree book, collectors and dealers refer to it as "the Curator copy" or "the White Mountain copy" or whatever.  But apparently, this book is just a Green River copy.

there are 5 or 6 SA pedigrees with multiple copies per title. 

On 11/26/2019 at 5:20 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

So you're saying that Green River is known to be one of these?  What are the others?

yes, GR is one of them.  Bethlehem, Boston, Sucha News, Circle 8, couple others i believe but have no immediate corroboration on