• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barcelona comic convention. With pics

22 posts in this topic

I am a big convention fan. In the mid 90's I was attending every con around Milan, Italy. Then I moved and for some silly reason I quit collecting. Got back in 2002-2003 but I now live in Spain and there is no significant convention here, exept Barcelona. For more details, visit www.ficomic.com/

I was able to attend the con this year, but for family/work reasons, only one day, friday Mat 7th. Lightyears away the major cons like SSDC or NY or Chicago, but still fun. Plus, there was the thrill it was the first con in years for me.

I collect most US editions and I the maket is REALLY so small here in Spain. Almost non existant. So I was not expecting to buy that much.

laputa030.jpg

laputa031.jpg

laputa015.jpg

Planeta and Norma, the two biggest publisher of superhero comics

laputa020.jpg

laputa017.jpg

Gotham Comics, Valencia. This is my LCS, the only shop in Spain who has a permanent stock of US comics, but way overpriced. I buy only moderns, because back issues are like x3 guide. The owner is a very nice guy, a little weird, but syill a nice guy.

laputa018.jpg

laputa023.jpg

laputa028.jpg

laputa001.jpg

A seller from Italy, I spent a long time talking with him about comics and the italian market. The only at the con with key issues (see X men 1 and Avengers 1 among others)

laputa008.jpg

Studio Ghibli stand. We are lucky enough to have a movie company (Aurum) who is releasing the whole studio Ghibli catalogue in deluxe DVD edition. June 7th Nausicaa will be available.

laputa029.jpg

laputa013.jpg

Corto Maltese OA

laputa003.jpg

Moebius stand. He was signing on Saturday, unfortunally I wan't there.

laputa007.jpg

laputa004.jpg

laputa026.jpg

laputa025.jpg

laputa009.jpg

laputa019.jpg

Tha-tha-tha-that's all, f-f-f-f-f-f-folks

Despite the scarcity of US comics I managed to find a nice bunch of books

Captain America 103, Tales of Suspense 78, Strange Tales 113 122 126 131 for $8 each from the only stand with a decent SA selection

Detective Comics 787 788 Batman 630 631 Amazing Spiderman vol2 29 Amazing Spiderman 568 569 570 571 571 and Thor 80 81 82 83 84 85 for €1 each

And from a french seller a sealed Marvels HC for $10

The following artist were at the con

JEff Smith, Gilbert Shelton, Ivan Reis, Jock, Andy Diggle, Moebius, Gene Ha

Unfortunally the signature section was during the week end, and I was there only the first day of the con, a friday. The positive side is that there was almost no visitors so early, and I was the first at almost every table.