• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC 9.8 New Comics 1-Year Subscription

7 posts in this topic

Colossus Comics offers subscriptions to any ongoing comic title of your choice, with guaranteed CGC NM/MT 9.8 grades on each monthly issue. The service is a simple way for collectors of ongoing series to receive the issues and grading they want without the hassle, cost and unpredictability of sending in books to CGC themselves.

Subscription Details:

- Good for any ongoing series in print, from Batman to Ultimate Spider-man.

- 9.8 graded copies are archived in CGC’s tamper-evident holder and delivered directly to you.

- Subscribers automatically become part of a monthly lottery for 9.9 or 10.0 MINT/GEM MINT copies (as available; may be of any title).

- One-year subscription cost of $396 may be paid in four $99 installments, the first due at time of order. Includes all grading, shipping, insurance and cover price costs for 12 monthly issues of your chosen title (all 12 must be the same title).

- Your subscription begins with the issue released the month after your purchase date. Books arrive about a month after issue date, to allow for grading.

To order visit http://www.colossuscomics.com

And to think, my LCS actually gives a DISCOUNT for subscriptions instead of charging a premium! I hope they don't find this thread, they'll find out that they can rake in some bucks selling subscriptions at inflated prices!

Think about it--$33/book including cover price, grading price, shipping, and for the service of having someone sort through a dozen books to find a guaranteed 9.8 just for you--that's really not a bad price if you're the CGC 9.8-collecting type. If you're not, why bother with this thread?

Thanks,

Steve

www.colossuscomics.com

Yep, I think the price is about right. Im sure it takes a lot of effort to order enough books each month for each title someone wants a 9.8 in and to actually get enough 9.8s for everyone. I actively buy 7 titles a month to read and have only one 9.8 subscription out of the 7 titles I collect (but its not through colossal comics). Reason being, most of the books I buy that are brand new are for reading and Im doubtful of the resale value on the speculator market in the long run for say, ASM with so many newbies buying all 9.8s there is no incentive for me to get that sub because i can easily buy issues already graded on ebay if they ever become keys.

But good service for those that are interested and I think it is a cool service if you want to take advantage of it