• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would there be a market for this?

2 posts in this topic

A friend of mine is a longtime art teacher at a Long Island H.S.

In the mid-70s, one of his students was the son of a now legendary comic artist.

As a project, the student recreated one of his fathers books. First he drew pencils., then he copied the penciled pages and inked them, then he copied the inked pages and hand colored and lettered them. The teacher has the entire 60something page project, as well as a wrap around cover that differs slightly from the books original cover.

He's mentioned it to me a few times over the years, but now he's retired and downsizing so he's thinking of selling it. The student gave it to him as a gift, but he's thinking about offering it back to him if he wants it.

The son is now a comic artist as well, but never hit his fathers status.

Would there be much of a market for this? I'm thinking he would, at a minimum, need a letter of authenticity from the artist, although it is signed by him.

I'm sure there would be a market for it. Maybe not much of a demand but it would be a cool conversation piece. The bigger the name, the more demand he will see. But there is a market for just about everything.