• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Couple more hours ASM #169 CGC 9.8, DD #131 CGC 9.2, Defenders #1 CGC 9.4 others

8 posts in this topic

This is a rare change to pick up a CGC graded Doctor Strange #3.

In looking at my auction records I noticed that there has not been

a single #3 in any grade that has sold on eBay in the last couple

of years. Lots of #1, #2, and #4, but not a single #3.

Thanks for looking. smile.gif

You might want to revisit your auction records.

Doctor Strange 3 CGC qualified - but wait there's much much more!

In my database I don't track books that are part of multiple book auctions. Too hard to try and impute a value for the individual books in the auction. It is possible that some #3's could have appeared as part of a lot (like the one you listed.). smile.gif

Still good to know that there has not been a singly listed Doc strange 3 in a few years time. Maybe the end price on yours could generate enough heat to consider future slabbings of DS 3 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hope so. Unfortunately the book isn't real high grade at 8.5. I just tossed it in to my auction pile and didn't notice the dearth of auctions until I started looking up reasonable starting prices. smile.gif

third time's the charm i see on your DD 131. laugh.gifi'm guessing the CGC 9.8 had some effect on the book finally moving. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif why pay over 3K when you can get it for around a buck fifty? 893whatthe.gif27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

There you go. Bid early, bid often. grin.gif

This book has a little crinkle only on the back cover near the spine in the lower corner which is evidently what dropped the grade down. frown.gif Maybe I should have pressed it. 27_laughing.gif

Anyway, the front is absolutely perfect IMHO, one of the best I've seen.

(Edited: I was wrong about the little crinkle. It does show up on the front cover if you hold it just right to the light. It shows up as a small non-color breaking bend. Closer inspection of the back also revealed a small bend in the top corner of the back that does not go through to the front. Sigh. Still an extraordinary book and a strong 9.2 grade. The scans should give you some indication of how small the flaws are, I can't make them out in the scans. I added a back cover scan to the auction.)