• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW BATCH OF CGC BOOKS IN

25 posts in this topic

I suppose I could be one of the very few that has never dealt with them.

I'm assuming that you're one of the very few people that has never dealt with them. If you buy Silver Age or Golden Age books it's basically impossible NOT to deal with them at one point or another.

Why is that? You might be right on Gold, but there's a lot of alternatives for silver. I definetly have not gone out of my way not to deal with them, but it just hasn't happened yet, and I have bought my fair share of Silver in the last few years. The closest I came was going through the check out system on a CGC graded book, but it was unfortunetly sold before they could update the site and I missed out.

I just called... and the fellow at Metro I spoke with was unaware of this marketpalce ad.

I was informed that Metro won't provide scans for items under $500... but he agreed to send me one... as long as i wasn't going to try and negotiate???

It might be a good idea to put these terms in the beginning of the post to save everyone some time confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh man I was hoping that means you now have the choice to either ask for a scan and if you don't you can negotiate for the book. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The only time I ever tried to deal with them, my gf was trying to buy me Christmas presents and she placed a web order and never heard back from them. She even called them up and they weren't available (this was in early January though so Metropolis might have been unavailable).

I'll probably deal with them in the future but since I mostly only want mid-grade, I've turned to Gary's Warehouse for comics. I just got my first lot from them and I'm very happy with them. grin.gif

But those Avengers do look mighty tempting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Any chance you can email me with all of the info so I can look into this? Email me at vincentz@metropolisent.com. I am very confused as to how an email order was not processed...

I am very sorry for the poor customer service you and your girl friend had with my company.

Sincerely,

Vincent