• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NEW BATCH OF CGC BOOKS IN

25 posts in this topic

These books can be ordered by calling 800-229-6387

ADVENTURES OF THE JAGUAR -----------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

12 NM- 9.2 $100.00

(CGC graded ow pgs Ohio copy)

ALL STAR WESTERN -------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

64 NM- 9.2 $275.00

(Nova Scotia unrestored)

AVENGERS ---------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

93 NM- 9.2 $275.00

(CGC graded ow to white pgs)

106 NM+ 9.6 $125.00

112 NM 9.4 $100.00

116 NM+ 9.6 $175.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

123 NM/M 9.8 $330.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

124 NM/M 9.8 $330.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

126 NM/M 9.8 $330.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

127 NM+ 9.6 $112.00

138 NM+ 9.6 $80.00

BATMAN ------------------------------------------------------

2 NM- ow pages $CALL

FANTASTIC FOUR 1961-96 -------------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

61 NM- 9.2 $150.00

76 NM+ 9.6 $415.00

77 NM+ 9.6 $415.00

78 NM 9.4 $225.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

80 NM- 9.2 $115.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

83 NM+ 9.6 $300.00

85 NM- 9.2 $100.00

87 NM/M 9.8 $880.00

90 NM+ 9.6 $240.00

94 NM 9.4 $160.00

(CGC graded white pgs)

108 NM+ 9.6 $175.00

(CGC graded ow pgs)

114 NM+ 9.6 $170.00

145 NM+ 9.6 $110.00

146 NM+ 9.6 $108.00

148 NM 9.4 $70.00

151 NM/M 9.8 $250.00

156 NM/M 9.8 $300.00

157 NM+ 9.6 $95.00

PEP COMICS -------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE GRADE PRICE

72 NM- 9.2 $540.00

(Church/Mile High copy)

76 NM- 9.2 $540.00

(Church/Mile High copy)

I just called... and the fellow at Metro I spoke with was unaware of this marketpalce ad.

I was informed that Metro won't provide scans for items under $500... but he agreed to send me one... as long as i wasn't going to try and negotiate???

It might be a good idea to put these terms in the beginning of the post to save everyone some time confused-smiley-013.gif

They do put the "no scans under $500" thing all over their site.

The "no negotiation" thing I don't think is in writing anywhere, but is pretty well known. In fact if you even mention a price being too high (in an offhand manner- as in "Oh well, that's more than I want to pay for that book in that grade" ) you'll sometimes hear that they don't negotiation prices 27_laughing.gif

The power of being Metropolis sumo.gif

I've never bought from Metro before although I visited the site a couple of times. Even so, I must have missed it and was unaware of that policy. Sounds like most know it, but the ad is posted here at the forum, not their website so I assume some must be oblivious (like me) and would ask for a scan?... maybe not. confused-smiley-013.gif

I suppose I could be one of the very few that has never dealt with them.

The forum has a high percentage of "scan askers" that are among the more selective buyers around... so it would just be a good idea to reiterate that same website policy here too. Also the "firm pricing" since negotiating is more the accepted norm here. I didn't intend to in this case. The price is fine, I just want to see what I may be buying.

Just constructive suggestions.

I'm assuming that you're one of the very few people that has never dealt with them. If you buy Silver Age or Golden Age books it's basically impossible NOT to deal with them at one point or another.

I'm assuming that you're one of the very few people that has never dealt with them. If you buy Silver Age or Golden Age books it's basically impossible NOT to deal with them at one point or another.

Makes sense...

I'm neither Goldenbruce13, nor Silverbruce13 27_laughing.gif although I'm buying more silver now. I'm sure I'll make a purchase some day.

Thanks for the scan Ed.

This book is still available as I passed on it. Here's the scan for others that are interested...

399884-AVE1.2273a.jpg

Ouch! Please a little more red on top!

Quick hide this book from Beyonder he may die a slow death looking at this QP

Davidking623

Thanks for the scan Ed.

This book is still available as I passed on it. Here's the scan for others that are interested...

399884-AVE1.2273a.jpg

Ouch! Please a little more red on top!

Quick hide this book from Beyonder he may die a slow death looking at this QP

Davidking623

I don't mind the QP on that book... confused-smiley-013.gif

But have you really looked at the Surfer's board? I'm all for forced perspective, but that board would have to be three feet wide based on his right foot... 893frustrated.gif

Dear Bronze and the Bunch,

Sorry Ed was having a bad day.

Vincent

'

That isn't an excuse. You lose customers that way. And true to form that Metro is the biggest Silver/Golden age seller out there isn't a license to be sloppy or rude. I have bought many books, spent thousands over the past 3 years on CGC books , bought from every body who's anyone and you know what ??- I have never bought a book from Metro directly. Not that i have anything against them, it's just that there is Bob, Ted, Comic Link, Ebay, Heritage, Harley, PGC Mint, Comgeek and countless collectors out there to get books from.....

Like i said, I don't have a problem with Vinnie or Steve....but don't blow off bad public relations as " a bad day" - Customers are not interuptions 893naughty-thumb.gif

The only time I ever tried to deal with them, my gf was trying to buy me Christmas presents and she placed a web order and never heard back from them. She even called them up and they weren't available (this was in early January though so Metropolis might have been unavailable).

I'll probably deal with them in the future but since I mostly only want mid-grade, I've turned to Gary's Warehouse for comics. I just got my first lot from them and I'm very happy with them. grin.gif

But those Avengers do look mighty tempting... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't buy from anybody remotely without a scan, and I never will unless the price is so INSANELY low that it would be dense to not simply jump on it. If one of the certification companies had grading subcategories which included an assigned grade to quality of production problems, or if they didn't have a margin of error, I might reconsider.

Dear Bronze and the Bunch,

Sorry Ed was having a bad day.

Vincent

'

That isn't an excuse. You lose customers that way. And true to form that Metro is the biggest Silver/Golden age seller out there isn't a license to be sloppy or rude. I have bought many books, spent thousands over the past 3 years on CGC books , bought from every body who's anyone and you know what ??- I have never bought a book from Metro directly. Not that i have anything against them, it's just that there is Bob, Ted, Comic Link, Ebay, Heritage, Harley, PGC Mint, Comgeek and countless collectors out there to get books from.....

Like i said, I don't have a problem with Vinnie or Steve....but don't blow off bad public relations as " a bad day" - Customers are not interuptions 893naughty-thumb.gif

You are absolutely right. There was no excuse. I was not trying to blow off anybody simply explaining what happened. Once again I do apologize as does Ed. I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

Be well,

Vincent