• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Restored AF 15 9.6

182 posts in this topic

99.9% original 27_laughing.gif sounds like there was a lot of done on it to me.893scratchchin-thumb.gif i wouldn't pay 16K for that matter not even 6K, but that's just me. confused-smiley-013.gif

You might have been saying the same thing, but I don't know how all of the restoration work, if not done, would have net a 9.2 grade. If that was in fact the case, it definitely didn't deserve the knife.

If the resto is limited to what they say it is, then it doesn't matter what it sold for in July 2003. It's a 9.2 that had a tiny piece added (about the size of a quarter of a tic tac), a little color touch, and a tiny tear seal. It's a nice book at $16,000.

Then again...is this the same one that sold for $8165 in July 2003?

If so, that would be a little bit much on the flip price.

99.9% original 27_laughing.gif sounds like there was a lot of done on it to me.893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Take out a ruler and look at how big 1/16th of an inch is. It's not that much work at all. Think about the defects- tiny chip off top edge, three tiny flecks of color loss and a tiny edge tear. It very well may have been a 9.2. This isn't a Frankenbook we're talking about here.

If the resto is limited to what they say it is, then it doesn't matter what it sold for in July 2003. It's a 9.2 that had a tiny piece added (about the size of a quarter of a tic tac), a little color touch, and a tiny tear seal. It's a nice book at $16,000.

I totally agree. If I had $16,000 to spend on a comic, this would be a candidate.

Great looking book.

cloud9.gif

I already ordered it. I could not help myself.

I totally agree. If I had $16,000 to spend on a comic, this would be a candidate.

Great looking book.

cloud9.gif

I think that is an incredible deal especially considering some of the stupid money paid for books on there lately. The purple lable has way to big an effect on so-called knowledgeable collectors's imaginations. I bet that work is undetectable unless you are looking with a microscope. I would be on that book if I wasn't tangled up in so many other deals.$16,000 vs $160,000 - hmmm?

Exactly. Since when is a book with slight professional restoration like this worth 10% of unrestored value?

I think that is an incredible deal especially considering some of the stupid money paid for books on there lately. The purple lable has way to big an effect on so-called knowledgeable collectors's imaginations. I bet that work is undetectable unless you are looking with a microscope. I would be on that book if I wasn't tangled up in so many other deals.$16,000 vs $160,000 - hmmm?

I am serious. Thanks to the guy who started this thread, because I would have missed it on Comiclink.

I already ordered it. I could not help myself.

If you're serious... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Congrats.

Exactly. Since when is a book with slight professional restoration like this worth 10% of unrestored value?

Since the PLOD reared it's ugly head, that's when! sign-rantpost.gif

timely

Shhhhh.

It's a buyer's market at the moment. gossip.gif

It may not last long enough for me to get in on it if you keep on ranting. sumo.gif

Thanks. It keeps showing up as being for sale, but the guy I spoke to on the telephone says that as long as I got the order confirmation email (I did), it's mine. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

Nice purchase. 893applaud-thumb.gif