• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Comics and Flea Bombs

48 posts in this topic

The best way to get rid of all fleas is advantage.  The second best way is sprinkle boric acid on carpet, sweep to penetrate fabric then vacuum.  Flea bombs are ineffective.

Just now, kav said:

The best way to get rid of all fleas is advantage.  The second best way is sprinkle boric acid on carpet, sweep to penetrate fabric then vacuum.  Flea bombs are ineffective.

I agree most bug bombs are ineffective, but do they still sell "boric acid" I thought that was a lot like DT or whatever that they stopped using..... where's oakman :) 

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

I agree most bug bombs are ineffective, but do they still sell "boric acid" I thought that was a lot like DT or whatever that they stopped using..... where's oakman :) 

Yes if you get that blue roach killer powder it is boric acid.  It kills any and all insects and is non toxic.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

large.jpg

Is that it or is it specifically called blue roach powder, or is that just what it looks like... lol 

I have a pest control that comes out btw, but my neighbors have 3 grown chihuahua's and 4 puppies, and they're always scratchin etc. Anyway good to know, THANKS :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

52 minutes ago, John123john said:

Try to use flea bombs they ar help very good, or maybe any spcial speay. I know one more way - it is essential oils or vacuum cleaner.

Resurrecting a seven year-old thread with your first post! :golfclap:

Man I had fleas bad once-I would enter my place, lay my arms down on carpet and about 30 fleas would immediately jump on my arms so I would scrape them off in the toilet.  I kept repeating this process but the next day I had the same number of fleas.  I tried flea bombs and flea sprays and flea collars and flea soap and flea powders but the fleas just laughed at all that nonsense.  After boric acid, within the hour I never saw another flea.

Edited by kav

On 5/29/2010 at 6:29 PM, 143ksk said:

I seriously doubt that any insecticide treatment of the house will damage comic books.

Public Service Announcement:

On the other hand, most flea infestations can be controlled by treating household pets with a quality product such as Frontline, Advantage or Capstar.

Fleas have to take a blood meal from an animal in order to reproduce. If they are unable to do so, they will not reproduce. Treating pets in the household should accomplish this.

In general, treating all household pets, washing their bedding and vacuuming carpeting, etc. (being sure to throw out the vacuum bag afterward) is sufficient to take care of most flea problems.

End PSA

Correct.

I once had the flea problem because for some reason they knew my dog was dying and decided to "jump" ship, they were everywhere even living on the wood grain of my doors. First we threw out all the bedding and vacuumed the seating then we washed the doors and floors with bleach for a few days, then nothing! I hope that works for you. 

4 hours ago, kav said:

it's a good idea to spay and neuter your fleas.

Do you film them having unproductive intercourse?

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Do you film them having unproductive intercourse?

:whistle: