• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Comics and Flea Bombs

48 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I know I would...,. :shy:

there's just somethin about them lil beggers that gets me where I live!

About 10 yrs ago I moved into a place that had fleas from previous tenants. The landlord replaced the carpet... but was not smart or knowledged enough to not also spray or remove all the stages of fleas before putting the new carpet in. 

After a long battle the only thing that helped and to my knowledge got rid of them was putting down tons of Morton salt and vacuuming a week after putting salt down. Do this 4 times.  Then throw your vacuum away. 

See this video: 

https://youtu.be/PlwRzEzWxFw

I moved out after living there for about 6 months but I believe they were completely gone. Didn't see a flea again and I lived there for months after. 

Edited by Rhymenoceros

3 hours ago, Rhymenoceros said:

Oh man.. here I was thinking I saved the day and now I see it's a ressurected thread from 7 years ago.

Oh Friday, fooled me again. 

:fear:

You can start the "How to get rid of crabs" thread.

5 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Get' em hooked on nicotine.

giphy.gif

It's a slow death, but well deserved!

On 5/29/2010 at 9:29 PM, 143ksk said:

I seriously doubt that any insecticide treatment of the house will damage comic books.

Public Service Announcement:

On the other hand, most flea infestations can be controlled by treating household pets with a quality product such as Frontline, Advantage or Capstar.

Fleas have to take a blood meal from an animal in order to reproduce. If they are unable to do so, they will not reproduce. Treating pets in the household should accomplish this.

In general, treating all household pets, washing their bedding and vacuuming carpeting, etc. (being sure to throw out the vacuum bag afterward) is sufficient to take care of most flea problems.

End PSA

That's we do with my wife's cat and we've never had a problem with fleas even though she goes out nearly every day during the warm weather months.  I think my wife has to apply it every month.