• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone ever sell to mycomicshop.com?

130 posts in this topic

I have been using MCS to consign some of my Bronze age books I have had sitting around that I don't want or need. I complained to Conan a long time ago that MCS was too strict in their grading. We talked about it and he told me the same thing that most books would get a little higher if sent to CGC and I believe it.

I have sent in about 100 or so raw books and the result was it seems to me that the books did better than expected because of MCS's strict grading.

Overall I am pleased with the end result. Buyers can see the book in the scans and see that they look nice for the assigned grade. And the prices in Auctions reflect that.

I have been using MCS to consign some of my Bronze age books I have had sitting around that I don't want or need. I complained to Conan a long time ago that MCS was too strict in their grading. We talked about it and he told me the same thing that most books would get a little higher if sent to CGC and I believe it.

I have sent in about 100 or so raw books and the result was it seems to me that the books did better than expected because of MCS's strict grading.

Overall I am pleased with the end result. Buyers can see the book in the scans and see that they look nice for the assigned grade. And the prices in Auctions reflect that.

I found that too, the buyers give a premium for the grading, if anything makes 9.0 on MCS it sells like a 9.4 lol

I found that too, the buyers give a premium for the grading, if anything makes 9.0 on MCS it sells like a 9.4 lol

Yep. That's what I've found too as a seller. As a buyer I like that I can bid with confidence in the grade and get a nice book. I was initially displeased and expressed it here but after the first round of results and 4 or 5 months of auction wins I'm convinced in their approach. It is helping my grading too. My current submissions I had almost as many go up in grade as down.

They are really strict on spines.

Yep. That's what I've found too as a seller. As a buyer I like that I can bid with confidence in the grade and get a nice book. I was initially displeased and expressed it here but after the first round of results and 4 or 5 months of auction wins I'm convinced in their approach. It is helping my grading too. My current submissions I had almost as many go up in grade as down.

They are really strict on spines.

In a perfect world it would be nice if they just learned to grade like CGC, which is already strict enough, to be fair for the sellers. The price difference between an 8.0 when the book should be 9.2 is a huge loss for sellers.

I've thought about doing this and was very close to selling them some books a year or so ago but was worried about their grading.

Do they buy anything? Could I just send them a long box of literally junk to have them buy it? I'm not sure with shipping cost if it would even be worth it.

My LCS has said he'd buy stuff for like $.10 a comic, but that doesn't seem worth it. He also hasn't shown any interest the last month when I try to twist his arm into it.

I've thought about doing this and was very close to selling them some books a year or so ago but was worried about their grading.

Do they buy anything? Could I just send them a long box of literally junk to have them buy it? I'm not sure with shipping cost if it would even be worth it.

My LCS has said he'd buy stuff for like $.10 a comic, but that doesn't seem worth it. He also hasn't shown any interest the last month when I try to twist his arm into it.

if you're trying to just move "junk" books, 10 cents is about as much as you'll get.

Yeah they don't buy everything. They have a section where you can list out everything you want to sell and what condition the books are. Once you are done you submit the list and they come back with the books that they want and what they are willing to pay for it. Here is a link I posted about my experience: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5071881&fpart=1

Yeah they don't buy everything. They have a section where you can list out everything you want to sell and what condition the books are. Once you are done you submit the list and they come back with the books that they want and what they are willing to pay for it. Here is a link I posted about my experience: http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5071881&fpart=1

Thanks just read the entire thread!

So you really just mailed them junk? I want to get rid of all the stupid one shots and mini's I have. Most are in decent shape as I bag and board right after reading. My stuff is pretty extensive after 98. Before that I was a low budget allowance kid.

Well for me it was junk. It was a bunch of stuff that didn't sell on the boards and had no real place in my collection. I expect that they had holes to fill in their inventory that I could match. It wasn't like I sent them a box full of books and waited for them to send me a check. I knew I wasn't going to get rich off of the books they took. I was happy to get what I did. I took store credit and turned right around the day the credit was applied and bought those books.

I sold off 100 of my CGC 9.8 BATMAN books (original series) to mycomicshop for a nice chunk of change earlier this year.

Transaction was seamless, very nice to deal with.

I would sell to them again in a heartbeat.