• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Native-American Indian Features

49 posts in this topic

Red Eagle had his own Feature Book. Never read it, but it looks like a true Indian character:

http://www.comics.org/issue/206296/#486630

Red Eagle is definitely the star of that book.

FeatureBook16.jpg

just remembered that there was another Red Hawk other than the M.E. backup character.

From Blazing Comics #4:

Cannonball%2525202%252520Red%252520Hawk.JPG

Cannonball%2525202%252520Red%252520Hawk%2525202.JPG

Is Blazing published by ME? I think Rural Home Publishing is listed in the indicia. They publish Green Turtle stories in Blazing as well. I like this cover.

2568025986_02acfa3902_z.jpg

no, different character altogether. This Red Hawk is a fighter pilot, and has a decided distaste for people from a certain island nation.

Blazing was one of those "outlaw" books put out w/ material from Bernard Baily's shop. Green Turtle is another very interesting character, and you can read his exploits here:

Green Turtle Archives

The art on these is by Chu Hing, who later worked at Atlas/Marvel and is all but forgotten today.

I know Chu Hing. He also worked for Avon in Cow Puncher # 7 for example. He did so much inking compared to penciling that it's hard to make his work noticeable or memorable.

no, different character altogether. This Red Hawk is a fighter pilot, and has a decided distaste for people from a certain island nation.

Blazing was one of those "outlaw" books put out w/ material from Bernard Baily's shop. Green Turtle is another very interesting character, and you can read his exploits here:

Green Turtle Archives

The art on these is by Chu Hing, who later worked at Atlas/Marvel and is all but forgotten today.

The question was about who publishes Blazing. It says REWL in the indicia of issue 1. I don't think Magazine Enterprises published that strip but they did publish Straight Arrow and White Indian and Red Hawk by Powell.Oops I see that it was my mistake, sorry. :tonofbricks:

5952626996_cc9557993a_z.jpg5952651174_8b94a4e3dc_z.jpg

Edited by BB-Gun