• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

Great stuff! I refuse to pay eBay prices for the Comics Journal, keep holding out hope I'm going to find one in the wild. 

Bud Plant Books found some of the old Dave Stevens deluxe books. They are selling them at a premium though.

I wish I waited and got the Covers and Stories book with the Sheena cover, I think from SDCC. But I can't have two versions. I'll probably get a print of Sheena.

Does anyone know if Dave made a print of the second version of Sheena? I recall in one of the books he mentions that the original was stolen. Then he made a new version but somehow the original was recovered.

On 11/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I went to an estate sale over the  weekend and found this poster

DE701D91-E20D-42C9-832C-07205EE328F8.jpeg

Which is this image 

b18dbde060731c49eea26d7c847fefa5.jpg

I had that whole set of Eclipse posters once upon a time, got water damaged when the basement at my folks' leaked. Haven't seen a nice set locally since. Inre: this particular one, I always thought the World of Wood covers were unfairly underloved, in the Dave canon.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:39 PM, F For Fake said:

I had that whole set of Eclipse posters once upon a time, got water damaged when the basement at my folks' leaked. Haven't seen a nice set locally since. Inre: this particular one, I always thought the World of Wood covers were unfairly underloved, in the Dave canon.

I love them very much! I just can't find a high grade copy of World of Wood that's affordable! :)