• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,882 posts in this topic

I'm having trouble finding the non 3-D Seduction of the Innocent.  I don't see any on ebay and MCS does not list it.  Is it scarce?

Meanwhile, I think these are my favorite covers I own.  Lotta nice girls there...

=DS-Seduc.jpg

=DS-DNAgents24.jpg

=DS-ComJournal117.jpg

=DS-ChevalNoir7.jpg

=DS-3DZone16.jpg

=DS-Planet1.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

25 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I'm having trouble finding the non 3-D Seduction of the Innocent.  I don't see any on ebay and MCS does not list it.  Is it scarce?

Meanwhile, I think these are my favorite covers I own.  Lotta nice girls there...

=DS-Seduc.jpg

I'm pretty sure Eclipse normally did a print run of 100 for the Non-3D versions of 3D books, the intent was to make them available for people who were colorblind or otherwise couldn't read the book in 3D.

8 hours ago, OtherEric said:

I'm pretty sure Eclipse normally did a print run of 100 for the Non-3D versions of 3D books, the intent was to make them available for people who were colorblind or otherwise couldn't read the book in 3D.

Yes,it's very scarce.You had to order it and it was like five bucks each.I've only found 2 and one of them was a Hamster book.Most probably got destroyed in the flood that took out the Eclipse office.

On 11/20/2020 at 12:18 PM, chevalmeow said:

There is also a variant of 3-D Zone 16 that is missing the title and number at the top of the front cover.  Was this a 2nd print or sort of giveaway?

608424741_3-DZone16-2(2).thumb.jpg.38647dd676fad54d60b1437295c4d00f.jpg

100_2392.JPG

Edited by Toz
Never mind.

On 11/19/2020 at 3:49 PM, OtherEric said:

I can neither confirm nor deny that I've ordered 14 books with Dave Stevens covers in the last 24 hours...

14, 16, something like that... the first ones arrived today.  The GCD credits both Hernandez and Stevens with pencils on the cover, but it could actually be just Stevens inks.  Nice cover in either case:

Bad Planet 6.jpg

Comico Christmas Special 1.jpg

Girl Crazy 1.jpg

On 11/22/2020 at 11:17 PM, OtherEric said:

The art on the 21 is better known from the Iger Comics Kingdom book; the 43 is a bit less well known:

Alter Ego 21.jpg

Alter Ego 43.jpg

Thanks for posting this.It reminded me I didn't have the Alter Ego book so I rushed right over to Ebay & scored a nice copy for a good price and just got it in today.

Happy Thanksgiving day all!

On 11/21/2020 at 4:46 PM, Toz said:

Scored this a couple of weeks back from a show in Portland Or.

100_2393.JPG

100_2394.JPG

I have one of those (2 pgs back).  Thought about putting it in a cgc case for about 3 seconds until common sense returned and I realized the only reason to have it is the cf.   Yours looks a bit better than mine and your photo skills are far superior.  IF you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay?

Edited by sfcityduck

6 hours ago, Toz said:

Yep.You're hooked. I've had the disease since 1985.Don't wanna be cured.

I've been a fan since around 1990... but I didn't bother tracking down the covers, just the handful of stories.  Stevens is a lot like Steranko:  an artist who happened to work on a few comic books and had a huge impact relative to how little they actually did in comics.

6 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

More early Dave you don't see very often, his first comic story:

1884805015_IMG_0722(2).thumb.jpg.3f55dbcfd67bab3ce1325ab0ef037bf5.jpg

What is this from?