• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,883 posts in this topic

i absolutely love that you can still find some of his stuff in dollar bins amazingly enough. i picked up a very very solid airboy last year in toronto for a buck! anyone have a source for the new black and white rocketeer book? wondering what i could pick one up for....

Don't actually own this yet, but....

IGERCOMICSKINGDOM.jpg

Thanks for posting this!! A couple of weeks ago, I put together as comprehensive a list as I though there could be to go hit a couple of LCS' with. That book was on the list and I knew I had never seen it. I had no idea what the cover would be, and I should have known I wouldn't have been disappointed.

IGERCOMICSKINGDOM.jpg

Thanks for posting this!! A couple of weeks ago, I put together as comprehensive a list as I though there could be to go hit a couple of LCS' with. That book was on the list and I knew I had never seen it. I had no idea what the cover would be, and I should have known I wouldn't have been disappointed.

Comprehensive Dave Stevens Checklist! (thumbs u

IGERCOMICSKINGDOM.jpg

Comprehensive Dave Stevens Checklist! (thumbs u

I used that! It has so much extraneous stuff on it, though, that I wanted a comic only list. But that is what I used to compile it. I don't trust the source enough to certify that it is comprehensive, though.

I was lucky enough to snag a number of great Steven's covers this weekend at Heroes for $1 each. Several should come back as 9.8s. Amazing that such amazing high quality material can still be found in dollar bins nearly 25 years later.

For those of you who never read it, I highly recommend the book "Brush with Passion, the Art and Life of Dave Stevens". The 1st Edition hard cover is out of print and can run you as much as $300 to track down, but I believe a soft cover is on the way.

Amazing, amazing stuff by a really great guy.

I just received this book (bought it from CDaBruce) and man, is it an awesome book. Full of pics of Stevens work. Including some one of a kind items he did as birthday presents and such. If you like his art, you need a copy of this book. Heck, even if you don't like his art but you like drawings of beautiful half naked women, you need this book. If you like REAL, beautiful half naked women, then you don't need the book, but you will want it anyway. :)

Simply a great book from cover to cover.

I probably wouldn't have even thought twice about grabbing his stuff off the rack way back when, if it wasn't for the fact that Mike Grell was doing Starslayer. Those early Rocketeer stories were so beautiful to look at and fun to read. Kinda innocent, too. Had to grab them off the rack when the solo books came out. Sorta like a 45 (now I'm feeling old) with hits on sides A & B. :)

I probably wouldn't have even thought twice about grabbing his stuff off the rack way back when, if it wasn't for the fact that Mike Grell was doing Starslayer. Those early Rocketeer stories were so beautiful to look at and fun to read. Kinda innocent, too. Had to grab them off the rack when the solo books came out. Sorta like a 45 (now I'm feeling old) with hits on sides A & B. :)

I remember when these came out oh so looooooong ago. :preach:

The artwork blew me away, and I had to buy every issue. :cloud9: