• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,884 posts in this topic

Here's another hypothetical....

You travel 5 years into the future to see that a reboot of "The Rocketeer" is a HUGE box office sucess. The movie is a box office juggernaut with a A-List cast, great director, everything. This success creates millions of new fans and a surging new demand for Rocketeer related comic books.

Returned to the present day, what 3 books do you immeidately start hoarding?

Question is, with all of it's subsidiaries, why isn't Disney moving on it now? So many outlets to make it happen. Hopefully, by the time it's rebooted(successful), the rights are back in the hands of Dave's estate.

On Thursday, March 09, 2017 at 10:13 PM, Michael Browning said:

Here is my Dave Stevens art that I got this week: Dave Stevens unpublished Wonder Woman cover from 1991.

davestevenswonderwomanunpublishedcover.jpg

Dave Stevens and Wonder Woman?

Wow!

Had some luck dollar bin diving at Lexington Comic Con this weekend. I thought the days of finding these books in dollar bins were long over, but I scored the Planet and Jungle for $1 ea from one dealer, and the rest for 75 cents a pop from another. So, guys, those dollar bin dreams still come true. Get out there and get to diggin'!

The Planet is super sharp, chance at a 9.8 I think. 

Photo Mar 14, 8 46 51 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 14, 8 26 21 PM.jpg

Some sweet, cheap Dave books from Gem City CC this weekend. Was surprised to find the Space Vixens, as that is the one I probably see the least in the wild. Getting closer to having my collection fully rebuilt!

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 29 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 31 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 32 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 33 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 34 PM.jpg

Photo Apr 02, 8 37 35 PM (1).jpg

18 minutes ago, chevalmeow said:

Is the Space Vixons complete with the 2 pairs of 3d glasses?  Nice find.

Yup, glasses are fully intact and attached! It's a decent copy all around, some light corner wear, a little bit of scuffing, but overall nice. I never see this one out in the wild at all, so I was pleased with the pickup!

Anyone interested in a nice 4 issue lot of Dave Sketchbooks. From his estate. 

I still got bills and these are a really nice set of Stevens history.

Thought I would give fans a preview and first shot.

DSlot.jpg

dsc.jpg

dsb.jpg

dsa.jpg

Edited by faster friends

A little something some may have missed. They had a fun little gathering at Creature Features in Burbank to honor Dave and The Rocketeer at the end of April. There are a few videos out there about it. As soon as I can figure out the "new" boards, I'll try and post one. Of course, if anyone is more savvy than me, feel free to post it.

16 hours ago, deadleg said:

I'm gonna try to revive this thread. Here's a couple of books I picked up earlier this month at a local con. Condition wasn't really a factor for the purchase. These are just reader copies for my collection. 

GD7ttmVl.jpg?1

DNAgents is such a classic cover. I have yet to run across that Moviestar News out in the wild. Great pickup!

On 4/24/2017 at 9:44 PM, faster friends said:

Anyone interested in a nice 4 issue lot of Dave Sketchbooks. From his estate. 

I still got bills and these are a really nice set of Stevens history.

Thought I would give fans a preview and first shot.

dsc.jpg

dsb.jpg

dsa.jpg

I was happy to pick these up a few months ago... keeping my Dave Stevens collection growing. :cloud9:

Edited by valiantman

On 7/24/2017 at 10:00 AM, F For Fake said:

DNAgents is such a classic cover. I have yet to run across that Moviestar News out in the wild. Great pickup!

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Movie Star News myself. it was the first pick up of the day at the con for me. 

Edited by deadleg