• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Miss Dave (Stevens, that is)
8 8

4,885 posts in this topic

Mondo's Rocketeer and Betty statue just went up for sale. Looks like a timed edition, only being sold between today and 12/8. I'll probably grab the exclusive.

Mondo Rocketeer & Betty statue

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Mondo's Rocketeer and Betty statue just went up for sale. Looks like a timed edition, only being sold between today and 12/8. I'll probably grab the exclusive.

About time someone put out another statue. Been waiting on Sideshow. Not to crazy about the "exclusive" head.

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Only the exclusive is timed. The normal you should be able to get at other retailers.

23 minutes ago, kdoginohio said:

About time someone put out another statue. Been waiting on Sideshow. Not to crazy about the "exclusive" head.

Sideshow can be too hit or miss. They should have made a knockout Rocketeer the first time. I think if Hot Toys got around to it that would be the best Rocketeer figure given the quality of their releases. But this might be the best comic Rocketeer and Betty statue that we get. I'm still debating the normal or exclusive. I like the look of the exclusive but I think the paint isn't the best and the statue would be even better with a professional paint job. I think Mondo wants the money upfront and I don't want to do that for a year wait statue either. It's probably going to come down to display and since I'll probably display it with the Rocketeer Artist Edition or other large books, which version would I want displayed.

I think I mentioned that I got that Mondo Rocketeer poster. It's better than I thought. This is the normal version.

5a20be1ab9e2c_RocketeerMondoMartinAnsin.thumb.jpg.da4796b2506c87702b1bf64314b7a3da.jpg

12 hours ago, kdoginohio said:

Yeah, I'm not nuts about the exclusive, but for $5 difference I figured I may as well get it, or else I'd curse myself down the road for not having it.

11 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Only the exclusive is timed. The normal you should be able to get at other retailers.

Sideshow can be too hit or miss. They should have made a knockout Rocketeer the first time. I think if Hot Toys got around to it that would be the best Rocketeer figure given the quality of their releases. But this might be the best comic Rocketeer and Betty statue that we get. I'm still debating the normal or exclusive. I like the look of the exclusive but I think the paint isn't the best and the statue would be even better with a professional paint job. I think Mondo wants the money upfront and I don't want to do that for a year wait statue either. It's probably going to come down to display and since I'll probably display it with the Rocketeer Artist Edition or other large books, which version would I want displayed.

I think I mentioned that I got that Mondo Rocketeer poster. It's better than I thought. This is the normal version.

5a20be1ab9e2c_RocketeerMondoMartinAnsin.thumb.jpg.da4796b2506c87702b1bf64314b7a3da.jpg

That's a lovely poster! I've stopped buying posters and prints because I'm basically out of wall space, and have original art waiting in portfolios to be framed should a piece of wall real estate suddenly open up. I love stuff like this, but can no longer justify buying it just to stick it in a folder somewhere.

21 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Yeah, I like the Mondo posters, too. As for statues, I was thinking more along the lines of premium statues based on his covers or one of his prints. The planet comics or scarlet thirst could be awesome.

On 12/1/2017 at 8:22 AM, F For Fake said:

That's a lovely poster! I've stopped buying posters and prints because I'm basically out of wall space, and have original art waiting in portfolios to be framed should a piece of wall real estate suddenly open up. I love stuff like this, but can no longer justify buying it just to stick it in a folder somewhere.

I would get this Rocketeer poster anyway as with Mondo posters when there is any news of new movies or sequels the prices can get really expensive. Look at what happened to Ghost in the Shell by the same artist. The numbers of some of these posters are so low all it takes is some news and people scramble to pick up the ones that are left on ebay.

On 11/30/2017 at 9:27 PM, GeneticNinja said:

That poster is just gorgeous!

Makes me want that Disney movie reboot even more.

13 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

Mondo should have put this blog up about the statue when it was up for pre-order.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/behind-the-scenes-the-rocketeer-betty-statue

Thanks, I hadn't seen that yet!

10 minutes ago, kdoginohio said:

Last week marked the anniversary of Dave's passing. I knew there was something important about 3/11, but couldn't remember why. Rest in peace Mr. Stevens, you are missed.

:foryou: I finally got around to reading his interview in Comics Journal #117 yesterday. It's pretty good if you guys get the chance.