• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dentist
2 2

173 posts in this topic

If he's not selling them he wouldn't care.

Bingo.

I also think that as time has gone by he realizes that those two particular books will have much more of an aura surrounding them as long as they remain unslabbed. The speculation about grade and value will continue to be fodder for new chat-board threads, convention discussions, and collector's fantasies until the moment the books are graded and/or sold. All of the talk adds to the perceived value in the long run. I would bet that the three million dollar books all hit those prices exactly because Dave's books have not been graded.

I couldn't agree more. The mystique of the books unslabbed is fascinating . It would be cool to see a 9.4 or 9.6 on them someday.

When I look at Eric Roberts AF15 in that grade, I get woozy!

Bingo.

I also think that as time has gone by he realizes that those two particular books will have much more of an aura surrounding them as long as they remain unslabbed. The speculation about grade and value will continue to be fodder for new chat-board threads, convention discussions, and collector's fantasies until the moment the books are graded and/or sold. All of the talk adds to the perceived value in the long run. I would bet that the three million dollar books all hit those prices exactly because Dave's books have not been graded.

I couldn't agree more. The mystique of the books unslabbed is fascinating . It would be cool to see a 9.4 or 9.6 on them someday.

By the way, I met the dentist in Baltimore and he was carrying a box of GA with him. I asked him if I could look at them and were they for sale but he refered me to his ad in Overstreet and walked away. Strange and unfriendly but conventions are a busy place with lots of people to see when you have a box of top of the line comics.

bb

Edited by BB-Gun

I once bought a $180 Fawcett from him. I wasn't happy with the book, and asked him if I could exchange it for a $180 DC he had for sale.

He replied that a $180 Fawcett isn't worth as much as a $180 DC. hm

I once bought a $180 Fawcett from him. I wasn't happy with the book, and asked him if I could exchange it for a $180 DC he had for sale.

And a pound of bricks weighs more than a pound of feathers.

sure that wasnt Yogi Berra you was talking with? thats a classic!

Did he give you your money back and then make you pay $220 for the $180 DC?

I dont have any problems from Dave the Dentist. I have bought many things from him but I always keep it about business. I dont ever try to be friends with him. He sells a lot of top quality stuff, stuff that you cant find anywhere else.

I dont have any problems from Dave the Dentist. I have bought many things from him but I always keep it about business. I dont ever try to be friends with him. He sells a lot of top quality stuff, stuff that you cant find anywhere else.

I'm picturing George Costanza practicing handing out money for when he buys soup from the Soup Nazi

He bascially said to you "are you crazy, I just screwed you over on this book that you grossly overpaid for". What a knob. You should have offered to stick your foot up his arse, for free.

I'm picturing George Costanza practicing handing out money for when he buys soup from the Soup Nazi

lol

"Excuse me, I didn't get any bread."

Did he give you your money back and then make you pay $220 for the $180 DC?

I picked out another Fawcett instead. A Church Captain Midnight.

Tip of the Month - you might want to get those books examined for undisclosed restoration. :gossip:

Tip of the Month - you might want to get those books examined for undisclosed restoration. :gossip:

now that is a good tip lol

douchbag.jpg

Bingo.

By the way, I met the dentist in Baltimore and he was carrying a box of GA with him. I asked him if I could look at them and were they for sale but he refered me to his ad in Overstreet and walked away. Strange and unfriendly but conventions are a busy place with lots of people to see when you have a box of top of the line comics.

bb

And a dentist, hmmmm, makes sense to me,