• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VAULT auction prices..WTF?

18 posts in this topic

Are people smokin crack?

Cat #1 cgc 9.6 is close to $400!!!!!!!!

ASM #135 cgc 9.4 @ $370!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conan #1 cgc 9.4 close to $900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hulk #181 cgc 9.4 @ $2270!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Yeah....I normally place a few bids as they are closer to me in terms of shipping...

But prices are really out there this time...maybe because it's the first Vault auction in 6 months and some buyers only use Vault to get their fix confused-smiley-013.gif

Are people smokin crack?

Cat #1 cgc 9.6 is close to $400!!!!!!!!

ASM #135 cgc 9.4 @ $370!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conan #1 cgc 9.4 close to $900!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hulk #181 cgc 9.4 @ $2270!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Buyers premium also on these! 10 percent?

Davidking623

The raw books also went for crazy amounts.

You have to consider that many of these bidders might be based in the U.K, and are willing to pay more to get their books locally. Part of being an overseas buyer is that you have to be willing to fork over the cash to get when you want, when the opportunity comes up, because so many people won't ship outside of the U.S, or Canada.

Personally, if something I want is being sold from Canada, I will usually be willing to bid a little more agressivley than I normally would.

Definately no bids from me. High prices, long ship waiting, 10 percent BP. I can almost warrant the 15 BP from Heritage due to their excellent service, packaging, and catalogs. 10 percent BP from Vault? Let's see.. from what I've read on here.. poor service, unresponsive, long waiting periods for your packages, no catalogs.. hmmm

Brian

I think they have a credit card surcharge too. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Damn...I keep forgetting about that. At least they don't charge it until they actually ship it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Damn...I keep forgetting about that. At least they don't charge it until they actually ship it. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif
Yes I forgot about that 3 or 4 percent I believe not sure which though!

Davidking623

Just checked...it's 2.5%.

That's not always a good thing... at least for me so far.

Keep in mind the exchange rate now. It "may" be favorable the day you pay (enter your card info) but if they don't process it for a week or so later, and the rate goes up... you pay more than you thought you would. Now it "could/should" work the other way too sometimes... one would think.

I believe the rate I thought I was converting at (they day I initiated payment) went higher on my CC bill every time so far. The first time, I thought it was a mistake and issued a chargeback for the difference with no opposition. I eventually realized the conversion rate is always moving and you don't know when they are going to bill your CC. i doubt its the day anyone pays. They have a disclaimer to that effect that's pretty visible now. I don't believe it was always so. What I can't figure out is what happens when people send payment other than CC. I guess the Vault lives with it or can they wait until a favorable rate emerges before cashing in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm curious if anyone has ever had the total they were invoiced when they initiated payment show up the "same" or "lower" on their CC bill? The law of averages says this should have happened to someone... and I should be due. Hopefully, the rate will be the same or maybe even lower this time. Everyone should check this time and see what happens. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

btw... I won the Marvel Spotlight 1 9.6 White (Double Cover). I didn't even notice the DC until 3 days ago. I'm happy with the win on a unique book.

Yes I forgot about that 3 or 4 percent I believe not sure which though!

Davidking623

Just checked...it's 2.5%.

So 12.5 percent right off the total of the bid price and that doesnt include shipping! Nothing like needing a calculator at your side the whole time bidding there auctions!

Davidking623

Keep in mind the exchange rate now. It "may" be favorable the day you pay (enter your card info) but if they don't process it for a week or so later, and the rate goes up... you pay more than you thought you would. Now it "could/should" work the other way too sometimes... one would think.

I believe the rate I thought I was converting at (they day I initiated payment) went higher on my CC bill every time so far. The first time, I thought it was a mistake and issued a chargeback for the difference with no opposition. I eventually realized the conversion rate is always moving and you don't know when they are going to bill your CC. i doubt its the day anyone pays. They have a disclaimer to that effect that's pretty visible now. I don't believe it was always so. What I can't figure out is what happens when people send payment other than CC. I guess the Vault lives with it or can they wait until a favorable rate emerges before cashing in? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm curious if anyone has ever had the total they were invoiced when they initiated payment show up the "same" or "lower" on their CC bill? The law of averages says this should have happened to someone... and I should be due. Hopefully, the rate will be the same or maybe even lower this time. Everyone should check this time and see what happens. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

btw... I won the Marvel Spotlight 1 9.6 White (Double Cover). I didn't even notice the DC until 3 days ago. I'm happy with the win on a unique book.

Well...I get screwed more because my cc bill will show a conversion from the British pound to the Canadian dollar. The relative strength of the Canadian dollar is much weaker vs the pound than against the US dollar. I'll find out the damage when I get the bill! 893frustrated.gif

Well...I get screwed more because my cc bill will show a conversion from the British pound to the Canadian dollar. The relative strength of the Canadian dollar is much weaker vs the pound than against the US dollar. I'll find out the damage when I get the bill! 893frustrated.gif

Thats got to really Hurt Ouch!!

Davidking623