• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Market Report - Boston Show @ Radisson

4 posts in this topic

Since no one else posted a report ont he show, i figured i would take the liberty. I gotta tell you, this was the best Boston show yet....at least inmho -

Ted and Bob had their usual assortment of High grade and lower books. Both had recently picked up collections that were high grade Bronze and some Silver that were very impressive. I tend to pass on Bronze, but i must admit that they had some good stuff....and with a little patience of looking through the inventory, you could find some gems.

there was an impressive collection of books from the 70s from a collector/dealer that i hadn't seen at the show. Even with the "usual suspects" raiding the boxes before the opening, I was blown away by the mass of ultra high grade stuff that this guy had. Books that were never read ! - And not just books, magazines too. - I grabbed a Marvel Treasury Spider-man # 1 that looked better than the day that it was printed ! - I am talking 9.8/9.6 quality....plus a few other Batman/Justice League mags that were just fantastic shape. I have never seen mags in this condition. I wish i bought more ! - runs of Bronze age Avengers, FFs, Horror, Sci-FI and misc. stuff that was mind blowing...i would have liked to have gotten to him sooner. I also grabbed some 100 pagers DCs that will be off to CGC soon....and they are keepers.

Bechara was there with his Boston collection. He didn't bring any graded books, expect an All-Negro # 1 cgc 6.0 - not a book I am familair with, but when I looked it up in the guide, i was like 893whatthe.gif !!

His Bostons weren't as nice as the others that are floating around. There is a ton of those out there, and the nicer copies (9.4 or better) seem to be slabbed and in the marketplace allready....still a few goodies.....Showcase 60 , Spec Spider-man magazine # 1 & 2 , Batman 3-D , some Famous Monsters mags, and a few others-

overall, a great turnout. Crowd filled in early on and was steady throughout the time that i was there. I must say I was pleasantly surprized. thumbsup2.gif

Since no one else posted a report ont he show, i figured i would take the liberty. I gotta tell you, this was the best Boston show yet....at least inmho -

gman posted a thread in the general forum. He had a different opinion of the show. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, I was at the show and the show was very impressive. Probably one of the best Boston shows in awhile. Lots of new faces, lots of books to buy and it was busy the whole day which quite frankly is a rarity for the Boston show.

A positive show report from George would be that he got lots of CGC 9.0 books at 1/2 NM guide.