• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Nice Copy" UNDERSTATEMENT?

10 posts in this topic

Isn't that seller's Superman #1 the same Superman #1 that someone else failed to sell recently on ebay because the reserve wasn't met? I'd be wary of a scam.

Talk about a modest description. I've seen F/VF books hyped more than this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2227923064&category=32739

All of this seller's auctions are scams. Pictures were stolen directly from comiclink and I know for a fact he does not own at least two of those books.

so this seller with a dozen or so sales/buys already in 2004, just lists a great expensive book like this that he doesn't own and does what?!?!

most of the auctions that scare me off are of shorter duration, want MO or wire and the rest of the particulars typically suggest that the sellers ID had been stolen. in that case the bogus seller can skip with the dough upon receiving it, but if this person is real, how do they intend to get away with it?? 893whatthe.gif

so this seller with a dozen or so sales/buys already in 2004, just lists a great expensive book like this that he doesn't own and does what?!?!

most of the auctions that scare me off are of shorter duration, want MO or wire and the rest of the particulars typically suggest that the sellers ID had been stolen. in that case the bogus seller can skip with the dough upon receiving it, but if this person is real, how do they intend to get away with it??

You're right, this guy doesn't fit your typical scam artist pattern. I don't know if his account was highjacked, or else he is just smarter than the average scammer. (A quick E-mail pretending to be interested in his books and seeing how good his english is when he writes back would be a pretty good indication)

But I am positive he does not have these books. If you look at the auctions, all four of those images are stolen from comiclink. And in the case of the Superman 1, there is only one CGC graded 7.5 Moderately restored copy in the world, and its not his.

His account was hijacked according to an email he sent me

After the auctions had been cancelled (and his account would've been returned to him) he E-mailed me asking for scans of the back cover and spine of my Superman 1.... I don't think his account was highjacked. I think he got nervous when the book's real owner E-mailed him and threatened to report him, so he pulled those auctions down. I think he's already planning his next scam auction. But who knows....